Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,503 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr

Need some kudos

5 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Camper,

I am sorry to read about your relapse. That is disappointing but remember everything you learned when you quit previously is still there. If you did it before you can do it again. Remind yourself how great it felt to be free of this addiction. You will be back there soon. We are here to support you until you get there. 

Ashley, Health Educator
5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Camper,
 How are you doing, are you still on your quit journey? If so, one more day for hell week. Is the Champix issue getting better? 
Stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,183.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 771 Hours: 13

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Camper, welcome to quitting version 2.0 :)  You basically articulated my biggest fear for myself - that one day, years from now, I will suddenly think just one smoke sounds like a reasonable idea.  I'm going to log your post in my brain bank for future reference... I also used Champix to quit, and it messed with me big time, to the point where I had to tinker with the dosage just to be able to tolerate it.  Keep posting here, I love following quit journeys :)  
5 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am rolling my eyes at myself too. Sheesh. My mantra during my quit years was “I’m one cigarette from a pack a day”. Darn it. It took about 6 months of occasional smoking to evolve to a daily habit again. About a week into daily smoking my brain remembered the addiction. Needless to say, I’ve been disappointed in myself. I’m on Champix (and it’s really messing with me) and no nicotine replacement. Thanks for the well wishes
5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Camper,
 Welcome to the site. 10 years was a great journey.  "I thought I could have “ just one”!" (Rolling my eyes back in the sockets, and head lowered in disbelief.) I can't believe that you fell for that. Maybe this quit seems rougher since you don't remember what you went through on the last quit? It has been over 13 years. 
 Are you going cold turkey or are you using nicotine replacement therapy? You didn't say how much you smoked either. 
Kudos for trying to go through all of this again.   (still shaking my head)  I wish you the best on this journey. You should know what to expect. Keep us posted on your progress okay?
Stay strong Camper, and remember there is NO such thing as "just one" as you've learned! 

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,183.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 771 Hours: 13

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey group. After smoking for 25 years I quit Smoking in 2005. After 10 years of being quit I thought I could have “ just one”! It’s been 3 years and now it’s time to end the cigarette slavery. I quit yesterday & this seems a rougher journey than before

Reading this thread: