Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

2 months plus - the challenge continues

5 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't give up boss, you will make it happen!
  • Quit Meter

$12,572.35

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 258 Hours: 3

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi James31518,
 It's not just you trust me. It used to be that you smoked when you were happy, sad, mad, hungry,  bored....the list goes on and on, and you never realized that smoking was covering up the triggers. Now as a quitter, it's all becoming clear as day what WAS going on. Now instead of smoking you're thinking. Old habits are hard to die, but it will get better as time goes by and you relearn how to deal with "life" without those nasty things. 
 Congratulations on passing the 2 month mark, that's a big milestone. Be sure and reward yourself. 
By the way, it's also okay to be a "little crazy", it keeps everyone else wondering if you're real;y nuts or not!!! 
Stay strong you quitter.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,232.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 773 Hours: 2

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been smoke free for 2 months and 8 days.  I used Chantix and some of the nicotine gum.  I have tapered off the Chantix to half-dose for the past 3 weeks and will taper it down to quarter dose in about a week.  I think the Chantix helped somewhat but it's mostly a mental battle, still.  I find I now have to deal with all sorts of thoughts and feelings which I used to suppress by / while smoking.  I have to keep reminding myself that I'm OK and that I do not have to smoke under any circumstances.  I wonder if it is this challenging for anyone else after 2 months or is it just me ?  It's OK if the answer is that I am particularly crazy, it wouldn't be the first time that I've been told that haha.
  • Quit Meter

$16,212.90

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 402 Hours: 20

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: