Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Looking Forward to the Support

10 years ago 0 89 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello again the Guthry.

How are you today? How are things going?

Stay strong.

10 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome!

Congratulations on your quit and your new son! Relapses are incredibly common and actually can be part of the healing process. What did you learn from it?

How are you doing today?
Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, Guthry.....do whatever it takes to divert your attention from lighting up...post your feelings on these boards or a blog...and there's LOTS to learn reading through other's experiences.....I was astounded at the thousands of triggers we run into...and learn to overcome.... You can do this.....Freedom is yours.....Keep the Quit
  • Quit Meter

$50,498.24

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1125 Hours: 1

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Guthry:

Thank you for coming on board.  I had never used this this type of media prior to my cessation either.  But it did the trick for me.  It was an outlet and an inlet.  It allowed me to express  my own feelings and also listen to others who where treading the same path.  You will find it to be a useful tool.  Congratulations on your decision to quit.

stay well

nonic

• Quit Meter

$66,570.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1373 Hours: 15

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 89 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello The Guthry.
Welcome to the forums, you can do this.
Good luck

10 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello The Guthry,

Good to see you here.....I had never been on an online forum either....I joined this one 9 years or so ago, never looked back, and I'm still here!!!            I'm with everyone else and what they said!  

I never cease to be amazed at the number of people, who quit for as long as you did, then start again. By the time I reached 9 months, I was too scared to start again.  Penitent sums it all up in one sentence...

"Most of all, DO NOT, under any circumstances, light up. NOT ONE PUFF EVER!!!  And Hey Presto, you've quit!!! "

We will be here to support you as you quit this time, but you need to stay close,

Whatever it takes, just don't smoke!!! 

Love Lolly.    

10 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What Tim and Working On It said!!!

Welcome, great decision and your life turnaround starts today!!!

Stay close and read, read, read! There is a wealth of information all over the site which will inform, support and inspire you.

If you can't find what you want, ask and someone here will have the answer for you!!!

Most of all, DO NOT, under any circumstances, light up. NOT ONE PUFF EVER!!!  And Hey Presto, you've quit!!! 

Good Luck!
Penitent

• Quit Meter

$56,804.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1125 Hours: 4

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi The Guthry, and welcome to the forums. And ditto on all that Timbo said. I like the online format, since it allows me to connect with people from all around the world, and I can read and post at any time of day or night. This group has been very helpful in getting me quit and helping me to maintain my quit so far. I hope it does the same for you. 

It sounds like you had a pretty good run on your last quit. What did you learn from that experience? What worked for you? What didn't work or caused you to relapse?

• Quit Meter

$22,551.85

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 602 Hours: 21

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi The Guthry,
 Welcome to the SSC. There are a lot of great quitters here that will be behind you every step in your quit. Are you going cold turkey this time, or are you using NRT?
 Old habits are hard to die. I hope you learned  what you did wrong the last time when you slipped, so you can avoid it this time and make this your final quit! 
 Take your time and check out all of the forums here. There is a lot to read and a lot to learn. We're here to give you moral support, and to remind you to make sure you reward yourself for your accomplishments.  A positive attitude is very important for the quit, and to maintain the quit. 
 Since you've quit before, you pretty well know what to expect. Hang in there... 
  • Quit Meter

$23,219.90

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 772 Hours: 18

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hello All,

I’m giving quitting smoking another try. I am a 15 year smoker, and I know that I must do this. I quit almost a year ago using Chantix, and I was smoke free for 9 months. Beyond the health reasons, I decided to quit for my soon to be born (now 8 month old) son. I have since relapsed, and I find myself slipping back into my old habits. The Chantix is long gone, so I hope this community can help me re-kick the habit. I have never been in an online forum, so this will be a new experience for me. As I grow and change, I hope to help others on their quitting journey as well.

Thanks in advance

Reading this thread: