Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,508 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

Trying Again

15 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
glad you came back! staying busy was key during my first couple of weeks, I cleaned and organized my house and my closets, anything I could find. Keeping my hands and mind busy made the day go by faster and didn't give me a chance to think about smoking.  Stay strong this weekend!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/7/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 158
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,844
Amount Saved: $1,109.16
Life Gained:
Days: 14 Hrs: 8 Mins: 5 Seconds: 9

15 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks all of you for the support.  It hasn't been too bad yet.  I've chewed about 4-5 pieces of gum and tried to do deep breathing through the really intense cravings.  The weekend's coming up and I'm figuring to stay really busy.  Thanks again for your support
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/13/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 0
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 0
Amount Saved: $0.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 1 Mins: 47 Seconds: 33

15 years ago 0 1107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back SG!!

You know the routine, so make sure you take good care of yourself this first week. Try to give yourself some small rewards for the first steps.

We're behind you all the way. I'm sure you know that this first week is hell week.

Be good to yourself.

Ron

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/28/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 229
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,160
Amount Saved: $1,442.70
Life Gained:
Days: 41 Hrs: 5 Mins: 5 Seconds: 54

15 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SG,

Congratulations on making the decision to quit. It's great to you are now better prepared and we are confident that we will be able to help you along your journey. It's best to get started reading and working through the tools located in your glove compartment. Come and check in as often as you'd like. Members offer a lot of support and knowledge which is necessary in a successful quit.

Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Tammy!!!

Cameless is absolutely right!!!  If you can maintain a positive mental attitude and keep telling yourself that you ARE a non-smoker AND always remember N O P E, you WILL DO THIS!!! 

You know the routine now!!!  You had a month and a half under your belt last time!!!  You don't ever want to have to go through Hell Week again after this, your FINAL quit again, do you!    I didn't think so!!!!

Stay close!!!   Post before you smoke!!!   Let's get it done!!!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 100
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,500
Amount Saved: $412.50
Life Gained:
Days: 16 Hrs: 8 Mins: 47 Seconds: 10

• Quit Meter

$44,242.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 22

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 32

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 410 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tammy,
We're all in agreement. The first puff gets us every time! My attitude this quit is much more positive. I want to be among the ever -growing group of non-smokers. I thought I was cool when I started to smoke. I felt like such a fool until I quit. If you really want to do this you will. You are not "trying again," You quit! The SSC  is loaded with success stories. Yours will be one!
cameless

No matter what - Don't smoke! 

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/17/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 179
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,475
Amount Saved: $1,264.19
Life Gained:
Days: 33 Hrs: 10 Mins: 8 Seconds: 3

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, Tammy... and welcome back.

Let the past be the past and let this quit be a final one for you.  Are you prepared for it? You did it before so you know you can do it again... the big trick is to stay quit... Keep coming in here and reading the programme, the posts, and posts yourself and ask for help before you go near a cigarette!

Lots of great people in here who will support you in this quit, Tammy.  Are you going to use some kind of NRT or Champix or is this a cold turkey quit??

patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 147
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,675
Amount Saved: $1,653.75
Life Gained:
Days: 27 Hrs: 8 Mins: 28 Seconds: 49

15 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
f/k/a Monkeygirl 
Hi, I made it to 62 days and had a family "thing" which left me feeling stressed and unable to want to fight the craving.  I gave in to that first puff and didn't put them down until last night.  I hope I have learned my lesson.  I know what I'm up against now and I hope to receive lots of support.  I haven't told anyone on the outside world yet, because I don't want any negative feedback.  Help!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/13/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 0
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 0
Amount Saved: $0.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 1 Mins: 2 Seconds: 51

Reading this thread: