Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,684 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Strongyogi*, TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD

A Little Scared

16 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sammie We all understand the feeling of uncertainty that some times comes with the decision to quit. It is natural. As humans, we don't particularly care for change. In the case of nicotine addiction, we have the added fear of losing the effects of the drug on which we have come to rely for so long. However, the reality is that by doing this you are gaining far more than you know. The loss that you envision is only a perceptual one. Believing that cigarettes are necessary in your life is one of the great smoker's myths. Once you have broken the cycle, you will realize that you do not need to smoke now nor did you ever need cigarettes in your life. It is the drug itself that teaches us dependence. And we have all been willing students. Take time to study the program and learn all that you can about the addiction. When you are ready to quit you will find many good folks here willing to lend you a hand. nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 428 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,494.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 79 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
  • Quit Meter

$66,822.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1378 Hours: 16

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 222 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Sammie, You'll be glad you choose this site for your journey to freedom. You will get great support and help from the elder quitters now that's not elder in age it's elder in time lots of people on this site have years of being smoke free, they are very kind and helpfull. Lots of Luck [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �602.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 120 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
#Sammie you totally did the right thing joining our support group.come here when you're craving instead of smoking. it will really help. when's the quit date? using NRT or prescription meds or going cold turkey? elaine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/4/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �394.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're in the right site at the right time, Sammie. Prepare yourself well with the information in your Glove Box and focus on your Quit!Mmake everything else secondary to saving your life. We'll help you do it in here - you can see how mindful the members are! Stick close to the site and post your anticipated Quit Day... Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 975 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $438.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to SSC, Sammie! We're happy to have you joining us along this journey to freedom! At first, it's not an easy journey, but it CAN be done. Let us know if we can help. Boxerfan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 334 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,670.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
16 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Definitely stuff to be scared of Sammie; scariest of all is freedom, because we're not tied or obligated to anything. Hard to imagine life without that after-dinner smoke, huh? Speaking only for myself, I'm more scared of slavery than of freedom, and I say that after having enjoyed 9 months of freedom and then decided that slavery was better. What was I thinking??? Walk with me into freedom, Sammie. We're both standing in the doorway. peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/25/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sammie, Welcome and lets help make this journey your last one! By joining the support group you are entitled to support, knowledge, understanding and compassion. We have it all and know where you are coming from. Take a chance and let us help :) Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sammie I "ditto" what Lainey said. This is the sight that i chose, i searched a lot of them and this seemed to have great support and lots of info.Take full advantage of all the info here. Use the tools & resources. It worked for me somehow, so i know it will work for anyone. Stay strong and keep on coming here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 882 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $343.98 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sammie, Great Choice! Do the program while you are gearing up for your quit, and read all the posts you can read here. There is alot of information here to help you out, plus all of us quitters to help! Welcome to the SSC! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 357 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,925 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,766.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
16 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, glad to see you made a good choice. Always come here with questions or if you need help, we will be here for you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,430 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $303.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4

Reading this thread: