Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

N00b

16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:) You will change your way of thinking. You really don't want to smoke. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 226 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $904.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Booling, You are giving up a part of yourself. The part that is an addict. No more scheduling your entire day around cigarettes. No more remarks or snears from complete strangers due to the smell that is entrenched in every fabric of every garment. No more going outside in bad weather. No more hiding behind your cloud of smoke and I could go on. Focus on what you're gaining because you can do all those things listed without smoking. You just haven't tried to yet. Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi and Welcome to the site!! That is exactly how i felt when i first came here. I LOVED smoking. I did not want to quit and was not getting pressure to do so. Something just made me come here post my name and it all took off from there. Sounds strange i know, but that is the best way to describe it. Quitting smoking is like quitting anything - ONE DAY AT A TIME. One minute at a time sometimes. Don't DWELL on the negative - that was a big one for me. I had to stop thinking about how hard quitting was, how bad quitting was, how painful quitting was. I changed it to positives - my clothes don't stink, my breathe doesn't smell like an ashtray, my room doesn't stink, i am no longer controlled in what i do - by a cigarette. I had to stop focusing/concentrating on why i hated quitting and the fact that i was quitting. So.. i will say what was said to me...It does get easier(i hated hearing that!) BUT, it does. read all you can here and come here to get support - i couldn't and wouldn't have done it without the support from the people here. All this is coming from a person who never wanted to quit and just came here and jumped on the bandwagon. Wishing you the best in you smoke free journey! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 702 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $273.78 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Booling. I am ending day 4.. (almost bedtime and beginning day 5.. I am also on Chantix .. and it is helping me tremendously, also I think I was REALLY ready this time.. and doing it for ME. The last few weeks before the chantix I was not enjoying it. You will still get some cravings.. but like others have said.. keep a bottle of water and some mints.. gum whatever with you. Distract yourself, go do something else if you can. In a few minutes you will forget aboout it. One day at a time.. some days one hour at a time. After 4 days.. I figure the nicotine is pretty much out of my body.. so why would I want to put it back in. I also tell my self I will get really sick (BARF) if I light up now. I can walk up to people and not wonder if they can smell cigarettes on me. It is healthier for my pets. Use the program here and the milestones.. keep going over the PRO's including money saved.. instead of burning up dollars, washing dirty ash trays, and throwing $$$$ in the garbage....(butts) they have to go someplace.. maybe we are saving lots of room in land fills.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/11/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6.30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WoW! My first few days quit and also the days leading up to my quit I felt EXACTLY like that. Big time fear. I have to say that, for the most part, as each day passes by the fear is lessening and my comfort with my freedom is growing. You'll see. Stick around. It'll happen for you too! Congrats on an AWESOME decision.:) Faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,325 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $636.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
16 years ago 0 100 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the world of nicotine addiction! Stick around, learn all you can from the threads herein and the great folks who will support you in your quit. Don't allow yourself to smoke, at all! In 5 minutes the craving will pass and then from there on out the cravings will become fewer and fewer if you let them! Only you can make the decision to quit smoking and stay that way! My best to you ~ [b][color=purple] Leslie ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/14/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2191 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 87,640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7,668.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 219 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$170,355.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5964 Hours: 1

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Booling! Welcome to the SSC. For your first day's homework, do the program and read all the posts you can. perhaps it will ease your fears a bit. Yes, smoking is killing you, this we all know for a fact! Then start practicing seeing yourself NOT smoking is all those situations! (Non smokers do it every day). The rest, well you won't be doing all of those things today, we're going to be doing this one day at a time and thats all you have to worry about is today. Don't smoke today! Not One Puff Ever is our motto, and it works for today! You will so feel like Paris HIlton again, but why would you want to...(unless you really are her!) Yes, you used cigarettes to hide behind, to mask emotion, to drown emotion, to avoid, to please. Yes you are addicted to cigarettes. But yes, you have quit and now you can be free of that cancer stick that was killing you! Have some supplies on hand like cold water, hard candy, gum, straws, carrots sticks, your walking shoes and a positive attitude! Get excited and don't worry, you quit smoking! Congratulations on the best decision of your life! We are here to help you, so whenever you need us, just post! there are lost of new quitters here who will hwlp you on your way! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 346 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,650.30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi! This is my first interweb forum post and my 2nd quit. I am taking Chantix! I have been smoking more then a pack a day for 15 years. Today is my first day smoke free. I am not sure what else to say. Just thanks for being here! This was my blog post last night before my final smoke it is scattered and rambling but that seems to be how I feel!! I am so scared!!!!! I hate the idea that I won't be able to do this. I can see myself not smoking this week and next. I can not see myself not smoking at a party out in western Ma. I can not see myself not smoking in the backyard with my brother. I can not see myself sitting at the architect's kitchen table not smoking. Every day for 15 years I have pasted the time this way...I have smoked happy and sad. I smoked a cigarette after saying my vows, I smoked after holding my fairygod-daughter for this first time, I smoked after graduation, after the first time I had sex, I smoke when I wake up and before I fall asleep. It has been a way to escape a conversation I don't want to have or a way to leave a crowd to have a conversation that needs to happen. I have met friends and deepened friendships by smoking. I control anger and relieve stress by smoking. How do people talk about hard things without smoking? How do you drink champagne without smoking? Will I ever feel like Paris Hilton again? God this seems like a bigger commitment then getting married. I enjoy smoking, at times I love it. I oddly feel like I am giving up part of myself, part of who I am. But it is killing me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/13/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 30 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39

Reading this thread: