Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Cognitive Exposure

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.751 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,602 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MRITCHEL AMBRIE, DMARY CHRISTINE, DILOIZA MARHYZ, AFRANCESCA, SERI

Day 2

16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Seamus, try the deep breathing exercises! They will help! It WILL get better! Just remember the junkie is a junkie, you are in control! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 121 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,025 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,276.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, Seamus, welcome to day 3 of freedom!! you will start to feel better soon if you haven't already & you will love the sense of accomplishment. It is so worth it!! Let us know how you're doing! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $572.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
welcome Seamus, Say to yourself I will not smoke today, and worry about tomorrow when it gets here, hang tough YOU CAN DO IT!! Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1791 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 35,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,268.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 252 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$14,601.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 689 Hours: 18

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tom: Yes.......i do need to remember the light at the end of the tunnel......i had it before.....i had quit for 1 full year a couple years ago......and remember loving the feeling of being quit.......i need to remember that feeling again and know that i can have it back again........so long as i tough out this part....... Unhooked: Thank you again for your support.....I have noticed how much you have posted on my ports and so many others. You are a great support to me and so many others. Good for you......And way to go with having 51 days in!!!!!! I will get there eventually.......god willing......lol........ Thank you all............you will be seeing lots of me!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 28 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
16 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Seamus. It's not easy, that we all know. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and you've seen it. Something else, the path starts downhill a little further on your way. Before you know it you'll be enjoying the journey as much as the idea of where you're going. Stay with us and see for yourself. It's all worth it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 110 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $462.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in, buddy. The first few days are the hardest but you're doing it & you can keep doing it. Hang around here & post all you want, it helps! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,020 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $561.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
16 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the support guys.........hanging in there.....trying.........ready to rip the hair out of my head, can't relax - constantly on edge........but i am hanging onto the smallest things that i can righ now to get me through this......... And I love the saying of: "it's better to be an ex-smoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with a constant desire to quit." i never heard that before.......but i love it.......and it's true........I want to quit.......but i just don't want the initial hell we have to go through.......i guess we all prob felt that way.......i know i will not be far from this site for the next few days and you may see many many posts from me........lol....... The positive thing is - So Far, So Good!!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
16 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Seamus Your right in the middle of the worst of this, you haven't had time to practice not smoking and your addiction is jsut waking up to the fact that you are about to leave it in the dust bin... Do all you can now to distract,,,do deep breathing and drink water until you can drink no more and then have one more...Water can be magic when it comes to pushing the cravings back... Hang in there,,,YOU CAN DO THIS... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 190 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,700 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,330.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
As many here have said, "it's better to be an ex-smoker with the occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with a constant desire to quit." At least as an ex-smoker, you are reaping the benefits of quitting, such as making yourself healthier. As a smoker, there are no benefits. None. You'll just wish you were where you are right now. Crave the Quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 746 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,080.98 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know how you feel. In fact we all do. That's the benefit of this group. I was just there though and i can say without a doubt, you will start feeling so much better when you wake up in the morning on day 4. I went CT and thought of smoking every second of the day for the first 3 days. i felt like crap, I had absolutely no concentration and my boss made me re-do some work I turned in because it was so bad. Anyway, it does get better I promise. You are doing great and all these junkie thoughts are normal. Just kick it's ass. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 525 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $105.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54

Reading this thread: