Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

back in for good

16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, Doodled. Many of us have found that this site has made the difference for us in this quit. I hope you will, too. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 380 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $209.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Doodles and welcome. You did it before so you know you can do it again! Take advantage of this site and all it has to offer. Use the tools to the left, read lots of posts, current and old. Reach out often for support. Someone will be around. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 768 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $261.12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$119,552.36

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 0

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
THE BIG DAY!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT :) Time goes by so fast that it won't be long before you have a week or two under your belt. Hang in there [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm thinking and praying for you. Friday was my day to quit too. I was lucky enough to get a prescription for Chantix so I upped my quit day by a week. I know how you feel .. the panic, anxiety and insecurity. It's funny how my logical self can laugh at me and my emotional self is screaming for help and comfort. In the end, I think the hardest thing to accept is that even though we aren't alone in our feelings and journey we are taking, we are alone in the fact that only we, ourselves can ultimately take that first step and continue down the road to recovery. There is no magic wand, pill or adjunct that can make it all better. We are addicts and as someone wrote before, our addiction withdrawal is a child that screams and screams until we either appease the child or learn to tune out the screaming child until it learns that screaming will get no reaction. A wise person once said to me .. �don�t try to do it .. just do it�. In thinking about what she said, it occurred to me that the word �try� was like a cop out, sort of a permission to fail. I have been very careful to say to myself I am going to quit smoking and not I�m going to try to quit smoking. As the saying goes, we are what we eat .. we also are what we think. Take care and know I am thinking about you. Don�t try. Do it. Anne [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -420 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $-46.48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -72269
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Doodles, YES you do have a choice! You are choosing to be smoke free!!! So if your health had a hand in helping to make that choice, so be it! You quit - you will be able to breathe! You are making the right decision. Go thru the program to the left, spend tonite preparing your mind, then come in tomorrow, close the door to cigarettes behind you and never look back! They will kill you, so you are leaving them at the gate! Take some deep breaths and get excited, You are on your way to a new life! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 87 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $917.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi doodles, Well, the good thing is that if you did it before you can do it again. This time you can just do it forever ;p Check out some posts around here to get yourself ready again and take it one day at a time. You've made a great decision to quit! All the best [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1029 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 20,580 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,630.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 78 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$36,972.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 639 Hours: 10

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
this is my 100th quit that may be overstated a bit I have to do this for good. i quit last year may 06. and had a great summer.. school started back and with a traveling husband i found it very stressful to get all 3 kids out the door.. that is a lame excuse.. I also stopped taking zyban.. too expensive.. another lame excuse.. this is it without anything Friday is a strange day to stop.. I can not breath pray .. for me.. i have no choice.[font=Comic Sans MS]Text[/font] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42

Reading this thread: