Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Hello

17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Carolin - and welcome! My quit started exactly where you are... I had a cold/flu thing, and I did not feel like smoking, so I put them down. I had wanted to quit --as you probably did, and I took advantage of that situation as that bought me several days of feeling so bad, that I didn't deal with withdrawals at that time. So from me to you, my friend, you are in the perfect situation to make this YOUR forever quit. Stay focused on why you're quitting, and spend as much time as possible on the site reading, reading, reading... Let us know how we can support you!! You are doing beautifully... make sure to do rewards for yourself, that is one of the most important parts of this journey. Many Blessings!! Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 402 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,086 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1869.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Carolin I,m the bear .Do you want to see sad. I,m 68 and have been smoking for over 50 years.Fortunatly I,m still around to talk about it. I even have a history of cancer in my family !!!I,m sure your aware of the dangers of smoking its common knowledge by now. But more importantly it,s a highly addictive drug that can damage your health and turn your skin into leather. Don,t hope the non smoking stays that way do something about it.Come here often,read the post,ask a lot of questions,and talk to you Doctor about quitting. Bear :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 386 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Carolin, Welcome to our support community. We are happy that you made the choice to stay quit for those 4 days! Continue on this positive path and know that you are working toward a better healthier you! Use coping mechanisms and get lots of rest. Your body needs to heal from your sickness and this addiction. We are always here for support and knowledge, so don't hesitate to let us guide you :) Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Carolin You are SO young it will be much easier for you than most of us here. Keep going!!! Philx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 246 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,419 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1291.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Carolin Are you trying to quit or is it just until you are better from this flu. Congrats if you are trying to quit. This is one of the best sites for help and support. Wishing you the best of luck and let us know how we can help. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,033 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $205 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Carolin K ,good luck to you,hope you flu goes away,not smoking is a life saving choice and a pathway to better health.I hope your quit is a success.WELCOME
17 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I�m Carolin and I loive in Australia. My smoking history is pretty sad as I started smoking at the age of ten. Now, I am 22 years old and after many attempts to quit, I got a really bad flu with a bad bad chesty cough- that�s why I�m not smoking since 4 days and I hope it stays that way. I wish all of you a lot of strengh- and be strong
17 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
12 yrs isn't much easier to let go than if it was 50 yrs. If I knew now what I never knew at 22 or 15 for that matter though I would of done things alot different, Image how much zest,pep and a much better feeling of self worth I would have, I would have more money better health and probably wouldnt utilize a quit program or ever heard of 1. Now is now so I have to do second best and monitor my meter and that is what keeps me going with an AIM and I am feeling alot better inside and I am sure alot of people know how great it feels especially over a hump but the fight against the urge will always be there,,,So 22 from Australia 4 days is a feat and that was a few days ago ,,hope you are still on the quit,,,you can do it, Take care to everyone Don [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 84 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,777 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $756 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$168,940.08

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9142 Hours: 1

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: