Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

17 years ago 0 231 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Boxerfan, congratulations to you and your husband on your decision to stop smoking. I am also using Chantix and finding it very helpful. After a number of failed attempts I feel very confident about my success this time. The drugs are helping but you still have to make the commitment and be ever vigilant. Keep reading on this site and work the program. The support you find here could be the difference in making it or not. Good luck to you both. Taking it one day at a time, PRB [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 551 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $81 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Boxerfan ~ Welcome to SSC. I know you're hanging in there and it can be tough at fist, but there are so MANY other thing you can do than smoke. Keep your list of reasons why you quit handy (I pasted mine to the bathroom mirror to look at every morning). Drink lots of water - it and come here and let us know how you're feeling. I started out a year ago on the same journey with my husband and I had to "talk" to you because we both followed N.O.P.E. Not One Puff Ever and took it one day at a time and we just celebrated our one YER anniversary of being non-smokers - together. It's fabulous and I wish the same thing for you and your husband. We both just finished 4 miles each on the treadmill and were not even breathing hard. It's like we are NEW again. Keeping the journal will help you vent out some feelings - both good and bad. Remember too that quitting can be mentally and physically exhausting, so get extra rest and be gentle with yourself right now, your body is going through a lot of changes and will continue to do so for awhile. Hang in there and stay tough ! Shout out if ya need us ! All my best, CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 369 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,398 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1291.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the welcome and support. It's been pretty tough so far, but I think there is a lot of support here. I think reading posts the last two evenings has helped get me this far. I'll be back often! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 35 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Boxerfan. Hope you and your husband are doing well. Chantix is great - I've been using it. I got off track for a few weeks but it wasn't because the Chantix wasn't working - it was all in my head and I believe I have it together this time. This is site is great - read and post often, people are really supportive. Also, I recommend keeping a journal to write your feelings in and collect inspirational thoughts posted by others here. Good luck. We can be quit buddies, since I reset my meter again and now today is my new quit date so I can do it RIGHT! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$119,560.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 12

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, you have made a good decision quitting. I am on Day 9 of Chantix and Day 4 of being a no smoking. Just hang on to that quit and remember to BREATHE and breathe deep. In fact 3 deep breaths works when you get a hard crave. So breathe through it. Good luck and keep up the good work. If you need anyone to talk to I'm here. Christy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 49 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello all, Today is day two for me. I was smoker for the last 20 years. My husband and I are quitting together and supporting one another. We have been taking Chantix for the last 9 days. This is my first serious attempt to quit smoking and I have been browsing posts for the last two evenings. It has been very helpful to hear others thoughts and know that I am not alone in this journey. Yesterday was pretty tough with too many cravings to count. Today was a little better. I look forward to giving and receiving support. Boxerfan (owner of three awesome boxers) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 34 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30

Reading this thread: