Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

New guy

17 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sweetie Bear, I didn't realize you also quit the bottle at the same time you quit smoking!! Quitting smoking was hard enough as it is but to stop both is impressive.Good for you!! I still have my occassional drinks and pay for it the next day so it's not too often but when I do watch out:) I'm really outgoing as it is so when I drink it gets worse. What do you expect I drove a rig, owned my own Harley, Have a pistol permit need I say more??? Did you ever drive in NY before retiring? The closest I came to Canada was a delivery one exit shy of the border. I drove a day cab so the most we could go 640miles round trip in the same day. Long hours but good pay now I'm in an office which is ok because of my daughter. As much as she's a pain sometimes she's worth every minute I have with her. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,075 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $330 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear, Sorry for the situation you are in, you know we all are different and some are more sensitive than others. We come from all over the world and from different cultures. Sometime its best to think before we type. Well today is day 25, how are things going. Have you thought of a reward for day 30? I noticed you did post on the Weekend Parade. Have you been to the March Mellows yet? You need to join them. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 463 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,879 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1620.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 67 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

$229,984.31

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6398 Hours: 7

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sunshine Nothing serious I got a little aggresive with a potential new member and Danielle disagreed. I wanted to play the devils advocate and Danielle would,nt let me. :eg:
Bear, Have I missed something???? What is going on?? Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 462 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,868 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1617 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 67 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$229,984.31

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bear, Not that I don't aggree, everyone needs a little tough love sometimes but just not too tough. We don't want her to be scared of the big bear :) Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
Bonjour Danielle Are you keeping tabs on this old man??? I know you don,t agree with my methods on the individual in question. How about a compromise you give her the T.L.C and I,ll give her the H.L. It,ll probably take some trust on your part but I have a gut feeling about this individual. I,ll play the bad guy and everbody else can play the good guy ??? :)
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for sharing your exercise with us Bear! Danielle ____________________ The SSC Support Team
Good Morning Bear, That is a neat exercise, I will try it when I do get stressed. I'm sure you used it many times after a long day on the road. Bear, your quit day is in March, you need to go to the thread Called March Mellows and sign in. Its a great thread, and lots of support. That way you will know everyone who quit in March. I posted there this morning and said I was going to send you that way. After that I bet you will be there everyday. Also go to the Weekend Parade and sign in.....Have a wonderful smoke-free weekend. Just 6 more days and you will have 1 month!!!! Congratulations Bear. Sunshine Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 462 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,862 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1617 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 67 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$229,984.31

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Good Morning Everyone. I know its the weekend but humor me I have an exersize for you to try. This one works realy well if your stressed or pissed off etc. I,d forgotten about it I use to use it after a bad day on the highway or I was kind of down and out. Its very simple and takes 1 minute to perform and you can do it standing up,laying down or sitting. First take your left hand and place it on your abdomen just below your rib cage.Then take your right hand and place it over your left. Now breath normally but concentrate on your breathing,listen to the sounds of your breathing,let no thoughts enter your mind if you find your mind wandering away come right back to your breathing. Try this for ONE MINUTE. If you get a chance to try this I,de love to know what your results are you know where to find me ... P.S Tutti I hope you got those panties changed ?? :quest: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 437 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear, I don't post on this thread much but I do like to read through it. Kudos to you for staying smoke free AND sober. That's really great. Also, the story about your landlady with the computer cracked me up! Stay strong. - Freemom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 192 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $61.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$119,591.84

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6404 Hours: 4

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: