Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,667 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

Last one in pack

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Spot, Any contributing factors behind that huge craving? Stress? Anger? Sadness? Boredom? Anxiety? You did a great job the other overcoming an angry moment with exercise. Continue on this path. Try to find the root cause and do something about it. You can overcome this challenge too and will become stronger because of it. We are cheering you on! Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 232 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi spot, One of the things I do when I get the crave is to remember one of the times I lit up and smoking made me feel sick. That way, I'm replacing the good associations with smoking with a bad one. For example, just 5 minutes ago, I was thinking about a chore I had to do this morning and how, when I was a smoker, I would take a break after finishing and light up. Then I remembered how sick that last cigarette I smoked made me feel, and of course I don't want to feel like that again. Voila. Crave gone. Legend [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 205 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Day 16 & still smoke free, how many times I could have but didn't. Man , I could eat one filter & all right now !
17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Spot. Ahh Yes, we have all made the excuses for the delay.. just one more, maybe tomorrow. Glad that you are here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 303 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Been 3 wks. no cigs. There have been so many times, Did you ever consider how you lived your life around smokes? I used to time my grilling outside by how many smokes it took to get the steaks or pork chops done. If chicken was being done,there was a lot of smoke coming from the back yard. Cigs. were a part of the every day ritual.
17 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
how's going? u still smoke free? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 69 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
Been smoke free for 5 day's & still not "craving" them . Wife has noticed some mood changes in me that I have not noticed. Hope she'll bare with me till they subside. Actually I am feeling a little better, but from reading these posts I expect some low points to happen . Thank all of you for your responses.
This is day 5 smoke free, don't know about miles or money saved. Right now I'd like to go punch a hole in a block wall! The weird thing is , I don't want to smoke . Lord help us ! Hope this goes away.
Thank you all for being there, had an anger moment & went to spare bedroom & did exercises till was to tired to do something stupid.I guess it will get better, thank you all! I sure could use a smoke right now! Just kidding ! Not going to happen after what I've gone thru this wk.
Started on my first day of journey. Used the excuse of my sons court date to "burn" my last one. I'm 54 & have been smoking since I was 22. There was a period where I was able to quit for 3 yrs.& another for 2 yrs. Why did I do something so stupid as to start back? I have developed reflux & one of the worst things is smoking, so maybe this will be for good this time. My wife says I'm strong as an ox, and almost as smart as one. Good to get this off my chest! Has anyone been through similar situations ? The court day was only an excuse!

Reading this thread: