Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Day 2 and feeling good

17 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cassie - I'm in western massachusetts... just waiting for the snow here. Looks like you took a beating this morning. God I hate the winters here. I went snow boarding for the first time ever last weekend to help fight the winter blues. I'm still sore!! Well I'm still quit. Had a bad crave earlier but phoned my mum and she reminded me why I was doing this and told me to go and get some gum and it went away. I am trying to do some homework for college but I'm finding it hard to concentrate... I keep reaching for the pack unconsciously. I put the pack of gum there instead and I must be chewing about 5 pieces of gum right now! Day Three is half over. Looking forward to bed tonight :) Danni [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 76 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
  • Quit Meter

$327,088.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 11

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hey all! My name is Danni and I am on Day Two of my quit!! This the fourth time I have attempted this but I feel like this one is for good. My chest already hurts less and I'm feeling OK. I had one weak point last night but managed to get through that with a glass of cold OJ, some chewing gum and a bath. I have to admit I cried which seems a little silly this morning. Anyway I hope to share my journey with others and help some people along the way. Expect to hear from me when it all gets bad and when its all good. Keep it up everyone. N.O.P.E.!!!!! Danni [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$327,088.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks everyone!!! Stillgotit - Yes Non-smoker. Thats much better. Hi I'm Danni the non-smoker :) Cassie - Thanks for the support. You can do this! Just don't ever take another puff!! I'll see you on Day Three x:)x Danni
  • Quit Meter

$327,088.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Cassie - You guessed it, I'm a Brit. I immigrated to the USA two years ago to marry my husband. I was born in North London, but lived mainly around East Anglia. Hope you're still plowing through day two. Just has a major crave... the worst one yet... but I'm getting through it. Keep going!!! Jan - Stressybessy is a nickname I've had all my life. I am, lets say, highly strung :) Tension, nerves and frustration are by far my biggest triggers but I'm learning to relax and stay in the moment. Although an hour ago I was definitely stressybessy! Thanks all... I'm making it through Day Two. My husband gave up as well and we are going out to dinner tonight to celebrate!! Danni
  • Quit Meter

$327,088.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hey Josie and thanks for the welcome I went through the program here and I have all my lists printed out. I'm using the patch as my Mum has had lasting success with it. I've read and read and read so I'm more aware of addiction now than before. I am sipping cold water constantly and I have tonnes of chewing gum. I'm writing here and calling my Mum when I get a crave. Whew thats it so far. The biggest thing for me has been a slight attitude adjustment.. Unlike the last quits I actually looked forward to this quit. I did yoga this morning and I can already feel my lungs opening up. Also I've been remembering its the addiction craving the cigarette not me. Thanks for the support. I am soooo determined that this will be the last hell week ever. Danni
  • Quit Meter

$327,088.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Danni, Hi, Great to have you here. Remember we are not "quitters" We are NON-SMOKERS.... I also feel so much better--no more morning headaches, no more caughing,no more stinky clothes and bad breath... Ain't it wonderful? Congtats on your quit ! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 376 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $93 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$545,148.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7445 Hours: 4

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:) Welcome Danni... You will find support here like no other place. Keep the Quit !!! auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $147.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Danni! I love your name - Stressybessy. That can sum up the beginning of a quit. You'll find lots of support and advice here. We're all going through the same thing, just at different stages. This is one of the single best things you'll ever do for yourself. Keep at it, it does get easier. All the best to you, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 591 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $171 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi stressy: I too and on day two. I had quit so many times in the past two years I've lost count. I had quit again christmas day and had few times I went back and recently went back for two days, but am back on track! What I find helps too this time is 1)surrending the addiction to my highere power and 2) drinking a lot of water. Keep up the quit and NOPE- I like that one word to say and mean! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 47 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stressy: Are you British, you said mum in your posting. My mum is from London England. Cassie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 53 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6

Reading this thread: