Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Pray for me

17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello. Today was supossed to be my day. But I have decided to wait until next Monday, as I have slipped and had one cigarette since 5am. I have been on Chantix since 1/12/07, and I feel pretty skeptical about it. But I have 2 co-workers who have quit on this medication and sing its praises. Both who have smoked longer and more than me. All I want to do is sit and cry when it's been about 3 hrs. of no smoking. So, I am struggling a bit. I have 2 young daughters who are worried that I will not succeed and a husband who KNOWS I can do it. Man, this is hard. Even Crack heads can get re-hab. They need something like this for Nicotine Addicts. It infurriates me that I have so little control over myself. it's just absolutely amazing the lack of will power I have. But ONLY with cigarettes. Just NOT FAIR! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$147,644.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5106 Hours: 21

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've been smoking a LONG time; 24 years. I have two kids under the age of two and I want to quit smoking so badly, especially for them..I want to be around for them when they get older. My husband and I both smoke, and are "older" parents (I'm 38, he's 41). I've tried to quit a couple times before, but always failed in my attemts. Last time, I went 6 hours and I was on the patch..6 hours????WHAT A LOSER!!!. I'm so ashamed and embarrassed and feel like I've let my kids down. I don't know if I can quit; the thought of quitting makes me so nervous..this addiction is CRAZY!!!! I quit drinking years ago..that was SO easy compared to this. I am a pretty nervous person, and when I attempt to quit, I feel like I'm going to jump out of my skin. Maybe I should start drinking again to quit smoking? Just kidding, I KNOW that won't work (b/c I'll want a cig. w/my drink) :). I need support, and am greatful I found this web site. My husband and I are going to try again on Saturday. We have the patches/gum/candy ready. Wish me luck :)[font=Arial]Text[/font] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$29,536.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 400 Hours: 14

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I thank you all for all of your encouraging words. I have 2 more days, and I am mentally preparing for Saturday when I fight the beast. It is very calming to know that most of you have already gone through this; so I know it can be done. I appreciate the fact that total strangers are sharing their experiences and wisdom with me and will help me through the struggle. Frozen, I know your plight, I'm right here with you: good luck on Monday. What I am going to do (what I did last time when I quit half of the day) is to get rid of ALL cigarettes, even my hidden ones, or ones that may be left in jacket pockets and soforth and get rid of the ashcan in the garage. That way, it won't be so easy to just pick a cig. and light up. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$29,536.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 400 Hours: 14

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 104 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hopeful, My quit day is tomorow, my children are 4 year's, 3 year's and 1 year old. my reason's for quiting are very much like your's. I can add any advice or anything helpful, i just wanted to say hi and i hope Saterday is a great day for you....the start of a new life where you can look at your self in a mirror and be proud, that's what im aiming for anyway.
  • Quit Meter

$567,862.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4672 Hours: 17

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hopeful, Don't be so hard on yourself. Take it one hour at a time. Who is stronger? You or the cigarette? You owe it to yourself and your children to atleast give it a good try, one hour at a time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 218 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $58.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 48 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey hopeful!! Congratulations on setting a quit date, you are already on your way!! I must admit, NOTHING about the first few weeks of my quit have been fun. I honestly would go hour to hour and wonder if it was ever going to get easier to just "forget" about smoking. I didn't think it was possible for my brain to forget about it and for the cravings to leave me alone!! But I can truly say that it has got easier, by the day. And now that I'm almost into my 3rd week of being quit I barely think or want a smoke. The feeling comes and goes, and I feel so incredible that I haven't give in to it. I'm also a Mommy of 3, and my hubby quit a few days after me, what a great gift for our children. You CAN do it, and WILL do it. Keep thinking positive!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 214 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $178.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 135 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hopeful, you can do this.. If you have the patches giving you nicotene all you need is your mind power to stop yourself from having a cigarette.. Do anything to get your mind off of it.. I smoked 15+ cigs for 15 years and I never in a million years thought I would EVER quit.. Here I am almost 2 weeks later STILL smoke free.. The first few days were rough b/c I kept thinking about smoking as it was such a big part of my daily routine.. I still catch myself thinking about it a few times a day but the feeling goes away after a minute.. Just fight the mental crave, try it the first time and you will see that it's not easy but it is possbile! Best of luck to you, you can do this.. Keep posting and reading, keep us updated! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 203 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $97.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're in the right place. Comming here in anticipation of your quit is also a smart move. You sound like one smart cookie all around. Power up. We'll all be here. It might be rough, but we can get through it. You sound truly motivated. Don't be afraid of the nervousness and don't be ashamed here. Move past that to putting your effort into the quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 245 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hopeful, You can do this. In the beginning, this journey is one step at a time. One hour at a time, one day at a time. There's lots of help and support here and you are NEVER alone. Prepare a plan, coping techniques, rewards, etc. And post here often, it really helps. Cheerin' you on! Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 290 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $81 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hopeful! You MUSTchange your mindset! Think positively. You will beat the demon and so will your husband! Whats the point in even thinking about starting again You are STOPPING in a few days . You are not trying you are DOING! GOT IT? I will be watching grab me if you need me Phil(UK) x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 167 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,515 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �876.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45

Reading this thread: