Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

New Non Smoker

17 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Deb Tony here in England and I`m buzzing for you and buzzing for your attitude. I`m on day 8 in a few hours and feel brilliant. Welcome Tony [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 460 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Deb! You're clearly doing a fantastic job with your quit! Keep it up.. and yes, it's like a rollercoaster ride with the craves - But you are coming out on top and that's so inspiring! [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/happy062.gif[/IMG] Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 406 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey deb, well done on getting to day 47 way to go lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 409 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$113,567.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6493 Hours: 11

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, My name is Deb and I quit smoking on October 4th 2006. I chose to use Nicoderm patches and just recently went from a 21 mg to a 14 mg patch. I had smoked for 31 years. I also tried to quit several times. I think my fallback was trying to plan it. When I quit, I had just dropped my mom off with full intentions of stopping at a store to buy another pack of smokes. I hit the first stoplight and decided I did not want to smoke anymore.. out of the blue. It has been really hard. I have good days and bad days. The bad days can be really rough. I can crave one so bad it makes me cry. But I have wonderful support at home. My husband will take me for rides in the truck to the mountains to keep my mind off of smoking. Bless his heart. I was one of those people that would say when I heard someone had quit and had gone three days without a smoke and then smoked again.. "How could they do that?? ".. or 3 months.. again I'd say the same thing, only add.. I could never start up again after going for a period of time. I think that is what helps. I look at how long I've been without. How dumb it would be to light up now after all this time. I breath better.. I can take a deep breath.. I can walk 3 miles without feeling like I'm gonna die. And best of all. I can taste food better. When I crave a smoke and no one is around I log on to the internet and look up things about smokes. What's in them? Totally sick!!! I can do this. Deb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 943 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $282 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$19,475.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 435 Hours: 0

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Deb, I'm glad you came to this site. You are doing great but this site will make your next steps down on the patch better. There are a lot of successful patch quitters on here. Post about the patch or any issues you have stepping down and you'll get a lot of responses, I bet. Stay strong. YOur post was inspirational to me. I like to hear about people who know they won't go back. QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 716 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Deb - How are you doing today? This quitting business can be rough. There's always abit of adjustment when stepping down on patches too (It feels like I just hit a nice even pace and it's time for another drop) At this point in our quit, I think that our craves are more emotional than physical (even if using the patch) We were so used to smoking when we were bored, depressed, stressed, socializing, etc that sometimes if feels like we have lost our best friend. Through the support of SCC and reading, I believe we will realize that smoking did nothing to alleviate this conditions or enhance our lives....in fact, it made them worse. The problem is that now we need to learn new ways to live our life. The good news is that these new skills will make our life better AND they won't kill us. There is lots of support here from people who have felt just like you. Keep posting! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,435 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $355 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you, Deb! You're definitely on the right track. And the patches really help. Good days, bad days. But on the whole, each day does get a little better. Hang in there, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 188 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Deb Fascinating stuff in your post we can all understand where you are coming from.. Patches......... I went 15,10 then 5 mg over about 12 weeks or more.Found it difficult to get off the last one so have 2 mg gum just in case.In 8 days I have chewed about 16 pieces so around 2 per day .Today zero so far and feeling OK! Do be careful at the end of the patches and have something around other than you know what for emergencies. Good luck Phil x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 104 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,084 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �546 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
47 days is super!!!! Congratulations! You are coping very well! YOU CAN DO IT! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,669 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $584 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I once quit for three years. Then a friend of mine was a smoker and I started up again. I quit for 28 days a found a pack under the seat in the car. Who knows what makes someone start up again. After years of consideration, I now know why former smokers become anti smoking zealots. The temptation may always be there. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0

Reading this thread: