Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Birthday Quit

17 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy Birthday KLF! We have the same birthday today (4 days). I have got to say I am loving it. I have quit MANY times before (5 times this year) and used patches and gum. I score as highly adictive (suprised me because I smoke 10-15 a day). And I was climing the walls with each quit (craved putting on another patch!). This time I decided to go through the withdrawals...and I am doing great! Definetaly going Cold Turkey works for me. Spending LOTS of time reading the messages that everyone shares about their quit has helped a geat deal. I look forward to logging on and seeing the quit days increase! Keep the Quit!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 58 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is day 4 of my quit and also my 45th birthday. I decided that it was definitely time to quit when I started adding things up and realized I had been smoking for over 30 years. Also, very truly, I am scared to get sick and die from smoking. Fear is a wonderful motivator. Wanted to quit prior to my birthday as turning 45 just seems to put me in the older range than I was before (now closer to 50 than 40). I have been a pack and a half day smoker (some days more) and have recently retired. Sometimes I think it was easier not to smoke when I had more to do but am getting through. Try to keep myself busy and distracted and take it one moment at a time. Have also been sober for over 10 years and free from self-injury for over 16 months. This is my third big addiction and hopefully the last time I have to deal with any of these. The site is great and I have been visiting often over the last month. Lots of great information and enthusiasm and support. Just what one needs to make it through. Staying sane at 45. Talk to you again soon. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 133 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$306,834.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5961 Hours: 3

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Riverdale Man - leftover cake in the freezer (carrot cake with cream cheese icing mmmmmmm) Thanks for the welcome Princess C and Melanie. Kaycee - nice to find someone with the same quit birthday. I was on and off the patch most of August --- quit for four days, smoke for one, quit again for 5, smoke for one ------ all under the excuse that it wasn't my birthday yet so I didn't have to be quit yet to meet my goal. Now this is serious time. I actually feel much better and less anxious without the smokes and also have a lot more free time. Looking forward to sharing the journey with you. Stay strong and keep up the good quit. KLF [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 137 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
  • Quit Meter

$306,834.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5961 Hours: 3

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome KLF. Glad to see you onboard. I was a cold turkey too but there are many ways to quit - which ever works is the best, right! Good to see that you are feeling strong and doing well. Happy Birthday & a Big Congratulations Ericon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 712 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $145 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 227 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome klf, we should nick name you the demon chaser lol. I also have had a few to chase off myself. I am also 45 and said this is it I also said that at 35, 40, 42, you know how it goes but this time 45 that number was to close to 50 for me and I said I'll be dam if I am a smoker at 50. Its hard, I think it is one of the hardest things I have done because I have had to rely on myself to master this one that is why this sight has been very supportive for me. glad your here and a big welcome to you I am sure you will have alot of insight for all of us. Hi Kaycee a big welcome to you also. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 409 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $79.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$163,645.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6109 Hours: 6

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m180/princessceleste_2006/cupcake.gif[/IMG] Wishing you a very Happy Birthday. Congratulations on 4 days quit - that is awesome. Just remember one day at a time, there is a lot of knowledge and support in here - use it. Stay strong hun and keep smiling :) PrincessC :) x
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Klf happy birthday and congrats on your stats :)One day at a time Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 85 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,289 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $340 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy Birthday and Happy Quitting. Great !!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 166 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,830 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $581 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy Birthday And a huge congratulations on getting quit and starting a brand new life. Hooray Keep on letting us know how you are doing and what we can do to support you and support your quit. Cheers Phillip I want cake! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 201 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,036 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1507.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW KLF! It takes a strong person to stop, turn around, and face the demons that follow them. You've done it not once but three times! Happy Birthday. You have a lot to be proud of. Celebrate. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 184 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,452 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1564 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$100,005.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9158 Hours: 21

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: