Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,646 Members

Please welcome our newest members: JSABAS, ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA

Message for New Quitters

17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lady, I never really thought of myself as a "junkie" but i am. Thinking about it, the only difference between me and someone with another addiction is that they have not outlawed smoking yet. Day 6 for me, i have come prepared with Camomile tea, apples and my mints. I just want to go home and sleep lol. I know what you mean by life changing. I have a completely different outlook on life and feel like ive been energized with life. Thanks for your support lady :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 155 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $61.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
Everyone on here has been very supportive and encouraging me every step of the way. I think the more you are educated and prepared the better off you are and your quit is more successful. My mom & dad both quit in their 40's and i look at them now (mom 67 & dad 71) and think, if they can do it so can i. My mom is really proud and remembers how hard it was for her to quit. Im kinda obsessed with this site at the moment reading posts, replying etc etc but im figerin while im doing this im learning evolving and most importantly NOT SMOKING! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 157 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $61.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
Wanted to bump this, i see so many people browsing and it breaks my heart. They are looking for a way to escape this trap and i just want to reach out and say... hey its going to be ok take our hand and we will help you through. Celeste [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 258 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 744 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks lady...Congratulations are in order for you as well...381 days..WOW! I'm impressed! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lady, thanks yet again for all the positive vibes and big congrats on your amazing QUIT. I feel so thankful that i found this site, so thankful that i read and posted, so thankful that everyone was so willing to share and support. I am feeling stronger and stronger every day. So any other newbies out there stay here, post ,read ,vent, you will not fail, your friends here will not let you. Knowledge is power, and sharing is strength... congrats to all, staying strong jeanigirl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 527 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $190 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like you are off to a great start PrincessC. Keep thinking like that and you will no doubt succeed. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,005 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $264 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
  • Quit Meter

$54,516.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 16

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I love the great attitudes here. Some things that work for me are drinking lots of water, taking deep cleansing breaths, chewing sugarless gum, doing yoga/stretching and most important N.O.P.E. I know that I am a nicotine addict. I will Not take One Puff Ever. I can't do it-I would be back to smoking in a heartbeat. I am enjoying my smoke-free life. My house smells so clean.My car smells clean. My hands smell clean. When I go to the movie theater, I'm not tapping my foot and getting antsy in the middle of the movie wondering how much longer before I can get outside for a smoke. MY TEETH ARE WHITER!I don't have that thick scum coating on my tongue!!Wooohooo! So many positive things. You can do it you guys,this is a great place to help and guide you. Come often. Trudy :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 123 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,839 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $367.77 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 92 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey there Lady, glad to see you posting. I've been away for awhile, but I'm back now. Things are going ok, not great, just ok. Hugs Marilyn [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 401 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,033 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1804.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 54 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bump for new quitters! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 383 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,669 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1340.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marilyn... good to see you too. Sometimes OK is good. It's better than not being ok. Perspective my friend. Count your blessings no matter how small they may seem. You are still smoke free and every day smoke free is a good day. Stick around.....you can help on these boards and it may even help you feel better. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 382 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,653 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1337 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46

Reading this thread: