Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,638 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FJANA MARJORIE, RJANINA CLAIRE, CEARL JOHN, RBARDAJE, CuppaJo

this is so hard

17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow if you can do it after smoking for such a long time so can i!! Thanks Rusty
hi im new to this place. im from australia where cigarettes cost $10.20 for a pack of 25. im on my second smoke free day and i feel like im crawling the walls. I was in the US for some time and actually only had a cig every 2 or 3 days, when i came back to aust i bought 2 cartons for my nephews girlfriend - big mistake my brain tricked me. I ended up with them smoking again. sighs. . . . im not coping very well today. i feel tired, clammy, spaced out, nervous, gittery, nauseous, talkative, quiet. Its one extreme to another. Its awful, just awful. I went cold turkey. woke up and thought nope not going to smoke... now my brain is saying.... hey what you doin... where's my nicotine.... go on one wont hurt, go on.... but i know that first cig will make me cough and splutter and i will be thinking why the heck would i come so far to have to go through these cravings again.... sighs .... :quest: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 58 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
slept really well last night :) didnt wake up with the sweats, no bad dreams nothing. Woke up with taking a deep breath without that usual feeling of tightness. I started pilates again last night so at the moment im feeling good both mentally & physically. I feel like i have taken control of my life again. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 94 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
just had a big breakfast. My nephews girlfriend went out for a smoke. I sat in the living room popped a mint and read a story in a magazine. i had to come in here coz i dont want to go out there. Iv come so far, i dont want to go through the withdrawls again, im so proud of myself for getting as far as i have. I emptied the ash trays and i could smell the awful but familiar smell of stale tabacco, i could smell it in my car too. I did do what i said i was going to do, i cleaned my car and sprayed it but it seems to be embedded in the upholstry. Sad thing is its only 1 1/2 years old (my car) now it smells like an ashtray :( Im babbling i know but im riding the addiction wave right now. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 112 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
My goodness what is my body doing. Im doing things and my brain is saying ok give yourself snaps go have that cigarette, the other part of my brian is saying, hang on, you survived 20 years without these stupid things what makes them so important now?? Iv had 2 showers since i gave up yet i can STILL smell cig smoke in my hair... whats with that??? its embedded in my every being!! My car is the worst, im going to give it a spring clean tomorrow, mayb shampoo the carpets - my scooby snack. My nephews girlfriend and i have booked in for a massage on sunday so what i would ususally spend on cigarettes for 4 days is going on something more rewarding. How much better will i feel after that :) i cant wait. Still feeling really edgy, discovered these mints called Eclipse mints, they come in a pack of 50, iv nearly finished the pack. Theyr sugarless. Theyr really helping me curb these cravings. God bless you wrigleys :) This is huge for me.... i know you all know what i mean. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 59 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
My stomach feels so bloated, i can really really feel the cravings - each and every inch of my body is screaming out for yes exactly what you said a "fix". I sat in the caferteria at lunch today and actually enjoyed it. I watched all the other smokers go to the smoking area and i thought, i used to be like that. Not any more.... now when it is pouring rain, freezing cold & windy, hot etc i can be here at my desk in comfort. I really do feel better than i did a few hours ago. except my stomach its like hunger pains. Its ok, i recognise its withdrawls. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 59 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
its 9.50pm. still havnt had a cigarette. My mind is playing tricks on me though, still trying to convince the habit in me to keep smoking but im resisting the urge, i instead pick up a mint. Am irritable and tired but i will get though. i do feel like i can smell much better and breathe much better. cant wait till these horrid cravings pass. thank goodness it is saturday tomorrow. i can sleep through the cravings lol :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 66 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
God i feel good :) iv forgotten how good it feels to be smoke free. To smell again. lol to take a deep breathe and its fresh air Lol i was walking passed some smokers at the mall today and the smell.... it was embedded in them. Did i really smell that bad??? wow to think that i thought i could hide the fact that i had been smoking!! I really cant beleive how good i feel already... i am so proud of myself :) Am being rewarded with a massage tomorrow :) 4 days :) lol ive done it :) i cant stop smiling :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 87 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
Had a really bad nights sleep... well kind of. I dont feel tired this morning but i woke so many times in the night with the sweats. All clammy yuk!! lol Am terrified that iv gone through all of this to fall back into the trap again. I dont want to be a slave to it again. Thank you all so much for your words of support. i come in here instead of going out there. I have no cigarettes in the house and i plan NOT to. I dont feel spaced out today. Sinus's are going crazy and yes it has dried up a lot. My throat is a little sore mainly a feeling of being congested. Hopefully the massage i get tomorrow will help clear that up. I guess its just my body getting back to the way it was before i smoked. Cant wait for the day i dont think of having a cig. :) thanks everyone. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 76 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well i guess "junkie' is the word i ment rather then addict. Goodness

Reading this thread: