Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

quit date

17 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Beb, I know it is really hard to begin with but honestly everyone in here is a resource and use them This quit for me is so different than the the rest. Read through the thousands of posts and success stories and you will be good to go. I have found this time I have joined a gym and I am drinking crazy amounts of water which I think is flushing all the crap out of my body and making this so much easier. I started out on the patch then on day 3 I said to myself I dont need this I can do it. May not be the answer for everyone but it sure was with me. Keep your self busy and kick the evil nicodemon to the curb. Think about how healthier you will be and how you wont stink anymore. I am over a week into my quit and cannot beleive how stinky a smoker is - that used to be me and I cant beleive how badly is effected my senses. I taste and smell things x1000. Coffee is actually gross to me now and water is my new friend. Best of luck to you and remember we are all here for you
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My first day,and it's coming up to my break, good thing it's raining hard. I have no Idea what I'm going to do for 15 minutes, probably walk around the building, or I could eat ...no better not eat. I'm babaling that must be a part of the effects.
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi this is Beb, I quit today, I got through having my coffee this morning and I got through driving to work. I went out and bought some smell goods for the car because WHAT A STINK as my grandson has told me several times. I actually couldn't wait to get to work this morning to log on and talk to you guys, this is the best thing ever. with your support I know I can do it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Danielle, I did get your msg and I'm still hanging in this is my second day, I find myself a little edgy today. I'm glad the weekend is coming up. I read alot of the msg and find they help alot. I explained the site to my daughter last night and she was very glad that I'm trying to quit and very pleased that I'm working with people on this site that understand what I'm going through and that can help me get through it.
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
my friend, just relax and take it easy, don't stress urself on the quitting. Use this site, relax urself, whenever ur craving for one,just walk around in the office and talk to anyone about anything.. that's waht i do? just don't care... for a while though... but make sure u let people know that u've stopped smoking (or trying to quit)..(though psychologically if u constantly think that u've stopped smoking u can actually control ur cravings).. wish u all the best... will be around... try to go cold turkey... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 32 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats man.. the first day is quite tough, but sure you'll get over it.. check the web site often, read, post, do whatever you can, distract yourself.. Just don't let go, if you feel u're not able to make it, then just post again, start writing immediately.. works well for me.. Take how tea with lots of milk.. or have some honey... Above all else, be proud of yourself.. that's the best decision that a person can take, "QUIT SMOKING". ain't i right BEB. we are the best, we can stop, and we don't need this crap anymore... Take care Shajad PS: u guys from where.. I'm from Mauritius [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 51 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Beb, Welcome! You will find that this is an amazing place. I was sooo nervous, I pushed back my quit date twice. Then last week, just said "what am I waiting for" and took the plunge. Use the tools on this site, post and read often. I never would have made it without the support here. We're here for you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 152 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Break time ideas: take a break with someone you like & talk, call your children or grandchildren, read a book, have a snack, read the ssc & post, put your head back and rest, go to the restroom and freshen up your make up and spray some 'smell good' on you
  • Quit Meter

$54,512.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 7

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's okay to eat a little more on the first days of quitting, it really helps to drink a lot of water and chew on cinnamon sticks. You can do this ... one hour, one day at a time ! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 629 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$44,972.73

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5159 Hours: 0

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Beb, Are you quit today ? Check in with us ! Mira :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 627 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$44,972.73

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5159 Hours: 0

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: