Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-16 2:52 AM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-16 1:17 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,616 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING, JHAYLO, AEREVE

Laser Therapy

18 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, After I introduced myself I saw your post. Please let me know how you're doing with the laser treatmetnt. I really would appreciate it. Are you having any withdraw symptoms? I would really like to know how you are feeling and doing. It's a lot of money and would be well worth it if it does work. I'm disabled and funds are a bit tight but again would be well worth it if it does work. I used the patch before and had horrible nightmares then relapsed. Again, I would appreciate hearing how you are doing. Thanks so much, babs [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Potchy, I was wondering how you are feeling now? It's been a few days since you went for your laser treatment and I'm wondering how you are feeling? If you get a chance could you post and let me know how you're feeling. I'm interested in hearing how you are doing. Tomorrow, I'm going for my laser treatment. Hope to hear from you before then. :) Take care, babs [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 1010 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I did hypnosis this last time. If I smell or think of a smoke, I become nauseated. It has worked for me so far. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 70 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$36,173.56

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 421 Hours: 10

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Potchy: A couple people have asked me about this - my husband and I did use soft laser therapy. It's relaxing and yes, only about 10 minutes. I think it's expensive but someone paid for us to go, so we had nothing to lose! They basically put the laser on your wrist, certain points on your outer ear and the side of your nose, on each side of your body. Yes, you have to WANT the quit, it's still hard work. You must drink the water, we still are even now. It's good for you anyway. My husband and I feel like it took the edge off - no emotional roller coaster, just wanting to smoke and having to deal with the mental aspect that you don't smoke anymore. I would recommend it to those who WANT to quit. This could be just the boost you need! All my best, :) Hangin In, Not Givin In CobenFan (Christine M) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Pochy: I am SO excited for you. My first day was not too bad. THE WATER really helps. Congratulations on the start of this awesome and awakening time in your life. Share with the class and let us know how things are going. The first step is one of the toughest. Oh & sleep is good too if you can do it!!!!! Best, CobenFan (Christine M) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 502 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $101.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Potchy, we are so happy to have you. Sounds as though you know a lot about quitting. Since you had a 10 month quit, I'm sure you remember what got you that far.. Just keep posting, reading, and you will be amazed at what you can do. I look forward to all your posts....and watching you grow and grow! Hang on tight and keep close to SSC.... Be blessed, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,814 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $371 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$229,969.13

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6397 Hours: 20

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Potchy, yes I used Laser treatment. It took all of 10 minutes and it was totally painless. The laser treatment helps you for the first week or two. It does help with Hell week with cutting the symptoms in half. But as with any thing weather patch, laser, gum, or any HRT you have to have the quit in the quit YOU HAVE TO WANT IT!!! You used SSC before in your 10 month quit so you know the support and help you will get from here. I think it is so great you are coming back. Remember to drink your water. Make water your new addiction is what they told me at the laser clinic, and on SSC when I got here. There is something to that advice. Know that we will all be here for you. Also know that with the laser treatment you can go back for a backup treatment within 6 months. YOU CAN DO IT!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,873 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $465 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
18 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well today is my first day as a non-smoker and I just went this morning and had the laser therapy done. It was pretty relaxing. I feel like having a nap now. So I am quite excited about my quit with this to help me along. Cheers to a new way of life! Potchy :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$23,430.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 496 Hours: 5

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks for the great feedback. I think that because I made it so far the last time that this may just be the boost I need. I am not very nervous anymore, now I am just excited to get the disgusting habit out of my life. I have been preparing for two weeks, walking and eating healthier, in order to change other bad habits so here it goes. 2 more sleeps and counting. Thank you everyone, I knew I could count on you for support. Potchy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$23,430.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Everyone, Well I had my laser therapy yesterday, and so far so good. My symptoms aren't too bad. I haven't wanted a cigarette at all. I have been a feeling a little spacey, and a headache, but not irritable or craving at all. Yes it is expensive but in 1 month I will have saved what I spent by not smoking. Quitting is the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but this time it feels easy so far. This treatment may have been the key. I don't know if it is for everyone, but it definately has been my saving grace. As opposed to the gum, which I used before, I am finding that all the nicotine and stuff is leaving my body and I will get healthier quicker. Thanks to everyone for the support. Potchy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 32 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
  • Quit Meter

$23,430.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: