Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Giving up

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
tnranger, At this time we ask if you would try our sister sites. We offer two sites and they are called The Depression Center and The Panic Center. We feel that at this time your thoughts and concerns would best be suitable for these sites. These sites have online support groups and also free tools to assess you needs. Please feel free to visit these sites at: www.paniccenter.net and www.depressioncenter.net. If you have any questions regarding the content of this e-mail, please contact us at your earlist convenience Take care, Melanie _____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tnranger - Could you wait a few hours before making this decision? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 63 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,425.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 19

Minutes: 50 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think I am going to give up on quitting. I have discovered the reason I smoke is because I don't love myself. That maybe the reason I smoke to start with. For now..I give up...this is impossible for me to do. Thanks for everyones help while I tried.
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When we quit, some go through some soul searching. We find parts of ourselves that were covered in a cloud of smoke. My advice..... get yourself help. Depression is not something to pass. Once you feel better about yourself, give your quit a new, fresh, and honest start. We will be here still. Waiting for you. :( [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 945 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $101.37 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 29 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
tnranger please listen to Meanie and see a doctor. I had to see my doctor because of depression that I had and it only got worse once I quit smoking then gaining weight didn't help either but I'm handling it all and your not alone. You do love yourself or you wouldn't post for help. Hang in there and we'll be here. Bubbles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,332 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $301.74 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$5,853.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 464 Hours: 18

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
tnranger, I really hope you're still lurking and reading. One theory of nicotine addiction is that we are self-medicating depression with tobacco and from what I've seen and learned since quitting, I agree that is often the case. So here we are, depressed to begin with and nicotine is the only thing holding us up. Then we quit, or cut back, and nicotine deprevation sets in. WHAM! Major depression! Take Melanie's advice and visit The Depression Center. I also suggest you see your doctor about this. Perhaps Wellbutrin or some other anti-depressant would be in order. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 317 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,351 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1204.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 59 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50

Reading this thread: