Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

2nd Day

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dee, This indistinct but annoying symptom is linked with carbon monoxide withdrawal. It gives a sense of being in "another dimension." It can include changes in distance and space perception, a floating feeling, and a total lack of concentration. Remember that carbon monoxide is a deadly poison - it is a good thing to get out of your system. How long will this last? The first few weeks after quitting. Tips to help: Plan your workload to account for your temporary lack of concentration. Avoid additional stress during the first few weeks. If you have a symptom that persists or seems worse than you expected, you should immediately consult a doctor. It�s possible that your smoking has been masking symptoms of some illness, and when you stop smoking the symptoms abruptly become noticeable. Take Care, Melanie ____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So today is my second day not smoking. It has been rough going so far but I know I am doing the right thing. I have been very moody, dizzy, and tired. How long will these things last?
18 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement. The day has been hard but I keep reminding myself of all the reason I am quitting and telling myself that I am strong enough to do this and that cigarettes don't control me. I will be glad when these withdrawal symptoms go away but I am hanging in there. One day, one hour, one minute at a time. Thanks again. Dee
18 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dee, I'm only on my 3rd day, I can't tell you how long. But I wish you lots and lots of luck!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 78 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dee, Today is also day 2 for me, so I guess that makes us quit-buddies. I could take a nap right now! But other than that, I really can't complain too much. Hang in there! -DeterminedtoQuit [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
18 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dee- congratulations! I'd say about a week for THOSE. I guess it's the carbon monoxide lingering and all the other crap leaving your body. It's worth it. Hang in there!
18 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Dee, Its funny that on day 2 I also found this sight. I am now at day 10 and feeling better. Hang in there. I've read on here that knowlegde conquers fear so try to learn as much as you can. Check the websight everyday to get encouragement and knowledge. Stay with it you are doing great! M [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 259 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
18 years ago 0 48 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there,these will soon pass and before you know it a week will have gone by.Stand tall and tell yourself you choose not to smoke.Keep it going.You can do it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 364 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dee Congratulations. Feelin all of those things on the second day is not unusual. The talk in this site is that within 3 days of not smoking your body has purged the nicotine. So think of this as your body cleansing itself. Drink lots of water, treat yourself very kindly and get as much sleep as you would like. This will all pass. Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 531 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $195 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go on quitting something so many cannot. It's difficult. It's rough. Sometimes it will downright kick your a*s but its worth it. Stick it out. You will be amazed at what strength you have when you beat this addiction. We are all here and know what its like so stick around and I am sure this site will help you like it has many others. Remember: No Smoke, No Choke, No Croak! The Chicken [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 316 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $116.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43

Reading this thread: