Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

9 Days Nicotine Free with Cold Laser Therapy

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shadoww, Congratulations, three weeks is a great milestone! Keep up the great work. Take Care, Melanie __________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks redrosie. That weekend was the weekend from hell. Of course we had no way of knowing that Rudy would have that attack, and on the following Mon. I had a medical test scheduled that was causing me a lot of anxiety. So all in all the stress was just too much and therefore I let the withdrawals get the best of me on that Sat. and had the nicotine gum. I had to get myself under control and that was the only way I knew, short of lighting one up and I didn't want to do that. I can't imagine a better, more "painfree" way of managing the withdrawals from nicotine than the one I used. I'd been NOT smoking since the 10th of Jan. but still using the gum and inhalers. You still got cravings, just not as bad as cold turkey. But I knew I had to get off of it completely and the cold laser therapy seemed the easiest way, the path of least resistance I guess. It gives you a feeling of "well being" that you get after you've had a smoke that is particularly satisfying. The day I started the therapy, I gave up the other nicotine sources, the gum and the inhalers. I haven't had any nicotine since Jan. 23rd, 10 days now. I hope and pray that I can stay off of it. I've seen so much physical suffereing in my entire family because of cigarettes, from lung cancer to throat cancer. Plus 2 of my aunts are on oxygen from years of smoking. I don't want that for me or my family to go thru.
Josie, thanks for saying that. My whole family has been smokers for years and years. I grew up with it, it was just the thing to do at that time. Who would have known the horrors it would cause, years down the road?
Good morning everyone! I thought I'd try and explain a little bit about the cold laser therapy treatment and how its affected me. On Jan. 20 I had my very first treatment session. Afterwards my husband and I went out for dinner. It was about 10:00 pm when we got back home and I found Rudy, our 14 yr old Beagle on the floor dying from a heart attack. I just lost it then, totally lost it. That night I slept very little if any and by Sat afternoon, I was a total basket case. I was cussing my husband and every cigarette I'd ever seen. The therapy I'd had the day before did not work I guess because of the extraordinary stresses I'd been under. I was craving a cig. so badly but I didnt light one up. Instead I chewed some Nicorette gum until I could get myself back under control. I called the therapist and she told me to go ahead and chew my gum and to come in on Mon. afternoon. She gave me a double booster treatment and my cravings went totally away. I've had 4 boosters since the first one, usually 2-3 days apart. They have kept me "nicotine" free now, this is my 10th day. The laser therapy consists mainly of the cold laser machine which is touched on your body in several places. Usually places where you'd have accupuncture used. Several spots on each ear, on your forehead, on each knee, on each hand and each wrist. You don't "feel" anything as you're getting the treatment, and you wear a pair of dark glasses to protect your eyes. The laser rays stimulate your brain to make the same natural endorphins that kick in when you've had a cigarette. In essence it makes you feel like you've had a cigarette and you don't have the desire for another one at that time, so therefore you don't smoke or feel any withdrawals from not smoking. The total results are supposed to last from 4-6 weeks, with individual "boosters" you get to make sure you're on track, on an "as-is" basis. The object being that during that 4-6 wk period, you'll have gotten off the cigarettes. I've heard its about 85% effective, but of course, there's no guarantee that you'll stop. NOthing can MAKE you stop or WANT to stop. That desire has to be there. The laser is just another tool to help you get to where you need and want to go. And it does it in a more painfree, less stressf
Hi everyone. I haven't "smoked" a cigarette in 3 weeks, and have been nicotine free since Jan. 23rd. I've been a smoker for about 40 yrs and don't want to end up having to use oxygen like my 2 aunts. I'm married to a wonderful NON smoker who has constantly been on my case. We checked into the laser therapy treatment and so far its worked very well. The withdrawals/cravings have been very minimal and are manageable. It's worked very well for me, and has a success rate of 85%. But of course, its like anything else, you have to want to do it. I intend to do my best to stay nicotine free! Thanks for this wonderful forum where we can discuss this extrememly important topic! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 176 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $31.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shadoww. Welcome. I am very sorry about your dog Rudy. I have a 4 yr old beagle. I love her to pieces. Good for you on staying strong through your loss. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 777 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $265.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi shadoww. Please make yourself at home and congratuations on three weeks. After 40 years of smoking you must be 'very' relieved to get out of the [i]prison cell of smoking hell.[/i] Keep up the good fight! I'm not familiar with cold laser therapy treatment but it seems to be working for you. That's great. Welcome! ~all the best N2k [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 165 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,648 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $825 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
shadoww, Congratulations on quitting smoking and welcome to the SSC. I just did a search on the cold laser for quitting smoking and I'm happy that it's working for you. As you stated, you have to have the "want". Since I wasn't that familar with it, and many here probably aren't either, please let us know how its going for you. Keep on keepin' on! [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 262 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,572 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $641.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$36,342.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9770 Hours: 20

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi shadoww I too had cold laser therapy 8 weeks ago and found it very easy to quit. However, around the 1 month mark it started to get a little more difficult. Work the program tools on the left, if you haven't already and read, read, read - here and other sites. Laser therapy isn't a cure. All you have to remember is NOPE. It's a choice! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,398 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $632.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$330,488.70

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6028 Hours: 10

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I've never heard of cold laser therapy. I'm very curious to know how that works. Congrats on quitting! Putting them down after 40 years is awesome! Keep up the good work! Txgirl
  • Quit Meter

$141,962.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6328 Hours: 2

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: