Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Zyban

17 years ago 0 104 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I quit using Zyban...i took one a day...then 2, i quit on day 11 but after the first week of my quit i kept forgetting to take the morning one....so i stopped bothering, after week 3 i didn't take any again, i just stopped.....im on week 10 now and i feel fantastic :) Good luck with it :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,404 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �350 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$567,837.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4672 Hours: 11

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I dont know if you have had this experience, but when I used zyban the first time I had a hard time sleeping. I was taking 2 pills a day, one in the morning and one at night..some one on this site told me that the Zyban causes insomnia so be sure not to take it right before you go to bed...take it earlier in the afternoon.
  • Quit Meter

$145,366.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4672 Hours: 11

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone,I found the replies very encourging, well already for tomorrow I have my dried fruit sugarless gum, and plenty to do and of course the Zyban and a desire to end this addiction once and for all. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Could anyone tell me about zyban for the first 6 days I have had 1 tablet a day, yesterday I started 2 a day and my quit date is this coming Sunday. I have continued to smoke while taking the course if anything more than normal, but today I notice a difference in the taste of the cigarette and am not smoking quite so much is this how its supposed to work, I know I will also have to have willpower, but it would be nice to hear from someone who gave up smoking with zyban. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
laptop,,,, i trid zban before, or bupropion sr, didnt help me, this time i started bupropion sr with zban month ago,, than 5 days ago i started chantix, 3 more days and i suppose to stop fo9r good, i smoke much less,,,,, want more than i smoke but am trying to stop so working on it before the quit day, hope i can, and hope zban works for you,, like i said i use them both as i dont have lot of will power,,,,,,,
17 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Laptop Im using Zyban. For the first 3 days I took 1 pill, then 2 after that for the 2 weeks. Same thing with me...cigs started to taste...well, not good. I didnt get the satisfation I was wanting. So nearing my quit date, I knew I would be able to stop. This is the first time ive tried zyban, and for me...SO FAR SO GOOD!!! I dont go crazy,like i did on previous attempts, when I had a craving. I definately think I will succeed this time!! congrats on the decision to quit!!! I hope zyban works for you, as well as it is for me! Hemp [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 245 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $82.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
laptop147 Get prepared and get yourself educated about this addiction of ours. No one really has to tell you why you need to do this...you know too well like the rest of us. I personally didn't have any luck with the Zyban, it gave me excruciating headaches. I used Chantix to quit, and it worked. keep close...and keep reading.... your own willpower is much stronger than you think... auntdeb :8|: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,838 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $361 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
laptop147, I'm using Zyban as well. I'm 2 months into my quit. I can't say the Zyban changed the taste of the cigarettes, but what I can say is that it takes the "kick" out of each puff you take. Its like inhaling smoke without ANY little happy dance in the brain. And in the end you say, "why bother?" It works as long as you work it, and have your quit smoking coping tools ready. It definitely takes the edge off. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,850 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $549 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I quit successfully using Zyban 9 months ago, and my hubby just finished his script for it, he's been quit 2 months. I did not experience a change in taste of my cigs, I was hoping to, but it didn't happen. My doctor said day 8 would be my quit date, but that came and went and I was still enjoying my cigs. I then realized after about 2 weeks, that it was gonna take some work on my part, that it wasn't magic. Then I quit. Zyban made me edgy and irritable, but I have to say cravings weren't out of control. I had a pretty easy time, actually. It's all in your attitude. Positive thinking is HUGE, and you have to WANT to quit. Hold on tight, and realize you have sooo much support here. Post often, Andrea [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 281 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,632 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1334.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes you are right on track. Part of using Zbyan, is after you take it for a week or so, cigarettes start to taste the way they really do. AWFUL. Makes you want to smoke less and less, and if you really want to quit it seems like you just quit one day. I knew a couple of people that were not commited to their quit, yet thought taking Zyban would help them quit. They never did stop smoking, because even though they said the cig's tasted bad, they pushed through with smoking. They were not prepared mentally. Well no pill, patch, gum or any other NRT is the magic bullet without willpower and determination Good luck with your quit date. Freebird~'~ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 171 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,139 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $718.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25

Reading this thread: