Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Rollercoaster Ride

17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can relate - I've been on a rollercoaster ride all day today. I'm getting out of here for a while and I needed to check in here to help bolster myself up to stay strong and not do anything stupid. I think I'll be ok. I like that coloring idea! I also worked on Perler beads with my daughters today and that helped too. Lets all stay strong! :8|: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 273 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $89.76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
  • Quit Meter

$119,554.99

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 3

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think that everyone has a little bit of spring fever this time of your. I don't know where you live but if you are in the states, you probably have been dealing with a month long snow storm. Hang in there, it will get better. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:quest: Penguin Looks like a sign of depression similar to what happened to me when I quit back in 1982. I had gained weight and knew I needed to exercise and get into some activity, I just couldn't get enough "what-ever" to get up and do it. Finally, with eyes red and swollen from crying, I went to my family MD. He prescribed a mild anti-depressant and it was enough to get me moving. I only took the med for a week. It gave me enough energy to at least get up, clean my house, get dressed, and start exercising. With the increased adrenaline...the confidence started returning. I volunteered as a teacher's aid. I started vocational school. Life became "Good Again". I set Goals and achhieved them. I don't think I've ever seen you post if you're using an NRT, med, or going cold-turkey. However, as you know...our nicotine can mask some depression and when we take it away...it leaves the raw emotion there. Let your Doctor help you with this one. Here is the Rope! auntdeb :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,515 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $237.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm a day late in saying Lordy, Lordy, Look Who's Forty I always wanted to say that. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 537 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $265 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My 2 cents is that you are evolving through a life transition, one of many that inflicts us as we pass through a successful quit. I think that it is a sign that somewhere in your brain you are acknowledging that you are no longer gonna use the smoke to get you through. What are you gonna do then? Well, I don't know and I imagine that you don't know either yet. But like I just finished reading again ex-slaves post re: the sudden loss of the use of one of his hands. Although he sounds not beaten, he is having to sit down for a minute and think about it. I think your psychi is "sitting down and thinking about it". Since it's such a big deal, it is taking more energy than you had perhaps anticipated. All this down time is very productive because time is passing. As time passes, life is happening and you are getting through w/o the smoke pacifier. You're laying low, so most of it can pass you by. One day you'll stand tall with the confidence you've built from the time now spend in surviving. Then you will be energetic, in control and calling the shots. Right now - you're powering up. :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 537 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $265 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya sweetie, I can totally relate! It will pass - that's what everyone says. Try hard to ride out the wave, taking deep breaths and get out if you can for long walks - outside or inside a mall :) I've taken myself off of all the junk food as of, believe it or not, on Valentine's day! I've been eating a lot of those little cherry tomatoes, celery sticks with a little cheese whiz and carrot sticks. My energy levels have increased over the last 3-4 days and I'm not feeling draggy.. and already lost 3 pounds! I really think that the diet change and change in other areas of my life have made a huge difference! You have come a long way hon.. Keep strong! So proud of you! (((((((((((hugs)))))))))) Monica58 [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/Angel.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 786 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $351 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, you and I are on the same wave length.. I took was wondering how penguin was doing. Do post when you have a moment penguin and update us, k? (((((((((hugs))))))) Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 889 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $396 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penguin, Just wondering how you're doing? Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,304 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $387 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penguin, I am a day or two behind you and I can totally relate. Things are coming back to me slowly. I went through the 30 day pit for nearly a week. When I first quit I felt paralyzed. I couldn't do anything, nor did I want to. Now, I can cook meals without thinking about it. I can empty the dishwasher and give the kitchen a quick tidy. I work part time(a couple of hours each day), and that has helped me right from the start. However, every afternoon I don't want to do much. I have a nap and then make supper. Sometimes I feel guilty and I'm hoping I'll be able to do more soon. I've heard it said, "Force yourself to do it". Well, it seems I can't. I'm hoping it just gets better with time. I also think 40 smoke free days seems like a long time, and we forget our quits are still young. We're not seasoned veterans yet, and we have to be patient. Hang in there, and most of all, be good to yourself. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,176 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $351 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penguin ITS TUESDAY!!! MUST be better ! Phil x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 196 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,124 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1029 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45

Reading this thread: