Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

patch question

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gonnadoit, I am currently unaware as to why there exists a difference. We are looking into it and will inform you of what we dig up. Thanks for the great question! Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gonnadoit, I would give your pharmacist a call. He/she will be able to tell you for sure. Tell him/her specifically what patches your using as some are constructed differently and can deliver different amounts of nicotine at a different rate. Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, gonnadoit did you go out for your lunch? I had my coffee, oh so good. Now about the patches. I have used them. The problem I had with them - and I can only address me - is each time I stepped down I went though withdrawal again. But this time I am useing step three to take the edge off until I can deal with what is going on in my head. I plan on doing them for two possibly four weeks. Whatever it takes to get some time under my belt. I use them through the day and take them off at night. I keep the next day's patch on my night stand and when I wake up a few hours before getting up I put it on. Do what you need to do to keep this quit. I would be lost without you :( Now we need to think of our rewards for completing "heck week" a day at a time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 76 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
gonna, hope you have a good week-end. Can you believe day 8 Wow. I could not have done this without you. Thanks. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 86 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
As Lolly said, It's the same in the UK with the patch strength All I would say is that it worked for me! Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 214 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,438 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1605 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 382 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Gonnadoit, When I quit here in Europe a while back, the only UK patches I could get were the ones you mention...21mg, then 14mg, then 7mg. They were GREAT! I followed the instructions and also used then for a full 12 weeks on my doc's instructions....more then the packet said! Do you feel worried about the 3 stages? Anyway, they worked and did what they are meant to do....they helped me to deal with many of the physical withdrawals, while I screamed my way through the other aspects of quitting. What I'm saying is.........they will help you, BUT your quit is YOURS! Try to keep as positive as possible: Prepare with the help of the programme on this site: post lots here and learn about how you can handle the craves: be totally detemined to win the war against Nicodemon and GO FOR IT! It's not an easy ride, but it is doable! If I can do it after 40 years, you can too. WHATEVER IT TAKES, JUST DON'T SMOKE!!! You are GONNADOIT!!! Lolly. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/25/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 659 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 23,085 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �3295 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 91 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$11,170.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 698 Hours: 22

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: