Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,496 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Countdown to 10 Years Begins

9 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Looks like it's going to be a champagne boat trip along the Connecticut River followed by a guided nature hike across Selden Island with the lovely Luna! And an evening dinner at one of my most favourite restaurants, Cafe Routier in Westbrook! Let's hope the weather is warm and sunny but if not, it will not rain on my parade!

Rock, thanks! Let me know your dates for November soonest and we will fix something for sure!

LT, I remember 7 months like it was yesterday! With each month it got easier and I got prouder! I hope you feel the same way.

Jim, what can I say, other than thank you so much for those wonderful words! In all humility, I am indebted to this site for each of those 10 years and, like you, I will continue to give back as and when I can. I remember your first few days here and,  blimey O'Riley!,  it is now 6 magical years! I am so pleased that you made it stick, I am so pleased that you are still here sharing your wisdom with others and I am so pleased to call you a friend! Clink indeed my friend!

3 days and counting!
Penitent 

• Quit Meter

$56,705.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1123 Hours: 5

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bravissimo! I will say cheers to your 10 years as I celebrate my 7 months on the same day. :)

Way to go, indeed! 
9 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Pen!!!

Personally I don't think that one day of celebration is going to be enough and if I were you, I'd be kicking off the party FRIDAY!!!      Not only that, I'd continue on for at least a week or so!!!  What ever you decide, I'm going to be lifting my favorite glass of fine fermented beverage to you on Sunday and beyond!!!

I feel so blessed to have started my journey with all of the great quitters that were here to support us newbies over 6 years ago and so thankful that you were here among them.  I craved to grow up to be just like you and all of those veterans who had a few years under your belts!  So much knowledge, words of wit and kindness and of course a kick in the butt when needed!!!  Think of all of those lives you have had an impression on!!!  WOW!!!

I'm counting down with you, buddy and can't wait to celebrate with you!  You are a SSC Hero!!!  Many thanks to you, from me!!!

CLINK!!! 

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,212.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 5

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pen, congrats on T - 6 days!  Thanks for all of your wisdom over the years!  We'll celebrate your 10 years when I see you in November!  Cannot wait to hear about your big reward!  Cheers!
Thanks Dave! You have been putting up some mighty fine numbers yourself! What a wonderful thing we have done for ourselves by quitting!

A week away now and I am well into my single digit countdown to next Sunday, 18th May 2014 - 10 years quit!

When I think of the site today, the first thing that comes to mind is not all the great quitters that I have shared this road with, it is all the answers to all those niggling questions that I had never known before in all those previously failed quits. Talk about armed and ready for action! Those answers were absolutely priceless! Then come the people, too numerous to mention - fewer these days but equally as important.

The next few days will see me finalise my reward plans for next Sunday. I have a few things in mind,  I'll let you know!!

Best to All,
Penitent 

• Quit Meter

$56,705.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are a Rock God, Pen!!!! Thanks for showing the way....and the simple reminder that the decision to quit DOES pay long-term dividends.....and the benefits keep compounding. Enjoy your 10th anniversary. Celebrate well! Keep the Quit, Dave
  • Quit Meter

$50,416.83

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1123 Hours: 6

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

motivated, Ashley, Duffis, Working On It and Lolly; thank you for your kind words.

13 days and counting.

Even with the help of this site, the early days of my quit were not easy. Despite all the sage advice that I gleaned here, I still struggled but then a new quitters' group formed and we bounced off each other in those difficult early days. So much so that things seemed to become so much easier from that point on. That group, although long disbanded, live on with me today, In absentia, the indomitable Squeeky and his ode to that single cigarette that he always carried around with him and the irrepressible IDFMOM1 and her own coping mechanism of "chewing on a dishcloth" as she used to call it. And in person, of course, the lovely Luna! Luna and I continue to bounce off each other today!

Summer 2004 was a breeze!!

Penitent

• Quit Meter

$56,705.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Penitent,

I still cannot catch up with you, but I keep trying!  It is a massive figure..... 10 years quit.....You deserve to indulge yourself.  As ever you are one of my role models, and you continue to inspire.

Huge Congratulations!!!

Love Lolly.    
9 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yay, Penitent! 10 years is huge! Indulge away, as long as you're not indulging on one of those filthy cancer sticks. 

Make sure to check in again on the big day!
  • Quit Meter

$22,505.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 601 Hours: 16

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 1095 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It goes without saying my admiration for your continued support of this site and its members. I too am working on ten years and I remember your help along the way. A huge congratulations on the big ten year mark on your climb up the nonsmoking mountain. Keep up the spirit my friend. Kindest regards as always and hi to Luna. Duffis

Reading this thread: