Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,508 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

Big Zerooooooooooooooo

18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles, Sorry to hear about what happened. But you can't go back and change things, you can only go forward with determination and wanting to make the changes turn in your favor for the future. You've got the spirit in you to do this - and it shows. Ya know you have our support and good wishes for you with the new quit. Glad you're back here at SSC. CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 470 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $94.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 1262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Cuddles I am so sorry to hear this. :( I feel bad for you. You are such a great co-quitter and cheerleader here at SSC. But you came "home" where you are always welcome and can try again. Coming back is the good thing..........better then you picking the nicodemon up and we never hear from you again. Start over! You can and WILL beat this demon! I can tell by your shear determination......You fell off the bike....you got back on it. For that I applaud you. You know the drill....prepare for your quit day and stay close by. Be Strong Cuddles. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,222 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $243 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can, and you will. Take charge of your life. Take it back. Stand up strong and walk forward, no matter what obstacles in your way. Change what you can, and accept the ones you can't. One foot in front of the other will take you where you want to be!! Don't be a stranger, and don't let time bite you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,433 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $153.69 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles, Yes, you fell, but you can get back up and try again! This is the most evil addiction I have ever had to fight and I fell many times! Search inside yourself and you will find your reason to quit and when you do, we will all be here to support you!! We are here to support each other when we are on the top of the hill and at the bottom! The top is not so far away for you and we will be here to help you get there! You can do it... [color=Red]KC[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 687 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $156 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
18 years ago 0 425 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles, I'm so sorry for your "slip", but I am happy that you have already decided on a new quit-date. Hopefully you have learned from this and won't do the same mistake the next time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 880 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $261 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
18 years ago 0 160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Cuddles, Don't get too down on yourself, OK? And I'm not just saying that. Addiction leaves us in a powerless state. Find a greater power outside of yourself. Goggle "addiction higher power" if you need a jump start. Maybe you'll find a missing puzzle piece. Good luck and don't forget that this door swings both ways! gpw [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,463 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $388 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ItsIronic, guitarplayerswife, Casey, ladybugg, CobenFan, Sunflower, 4my2girls, KCChiefsGal, Thank you all for your responses. Right now I just feel like hell, Will I ever be able to be strong enough to do this? Will I always keep trying and failing. Yes Lady It is a cop out, yes I am feeling sorry for myself and yes I gave into the addiction. I gave up on myself again. I was doing great climbing that mountain and going around the obsticals, then I plunged down into a big hole. I hate this addiction and I hate losing my control. I know I need to climb back out again and get my act together. I want to be a non smoker.
18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One step forward, two steps back. The story of my life. Thank you all for all of your support and advice. I choice to pick up that ciggaret and the next one, and the next, etc. I really want to quit, but I need to find the strength in my self to quit and stay quit. Cuddles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles... that is the right attitude. You have to be honest. Good for you! Now.... get that diary back out and log in what you have learned and what is going to be different this time. When you kept the diary, you kept going. That would mean it was a tool that was helping you. You need to keep it going. The things that have kept you going, use. The things that have sent you on the downward spirals, avoid. Quitting is a learning process Cuddles. I have failed several times myself. Don't give up. We are still here for you. You know that! When do we start again? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 295 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,908 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1032.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[quote] One step forward, two steps back. The story of my life. [/quote]You are the only one that can change this. Quit feeling sorry for yourself and change it. You have shown such determination and strength over the last couple of months. The quote above is a cop out. You have allowed the junkie within to take control of you again. Call it what it is Cuddles. You gave in to the addiction. Your desire to quit must outweight your desire to smoke and each and every single day you make the choice to remain smoke free no matter what. I have watched you struggle and fight for this quit since day one. I have seen you at rock bottom and I have seen you successfully pick yourself up and rise to new levels above and beyond what you thought you were capable of. I have seen you glow with pride and joy as you made it over hurdles and around difficult obsticals. Cuddles ****I say this to you from the bottom of my heart because I care and I understand the want to give in.**** You can change the direction of your life and break the one step forward, two step back pattern. You have to want it with every bit of your being. It is hard as hell. We all know that. BUT...it is no harder for you than it is for anyone else. Now, get back in there and beat this stupid addiction before it kills you! Do you really want to be lying in the hospital like your mom? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 294 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,893 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1029 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7

Reading this thread: