Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,503 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr

losing my resolve

12 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all for your replies :) Where else could I go for a place to vent and end up with advice, support and a good dose of 'lighten up' - as opposed to 'lighting up'  - for cryin' out loud?
Jan  - Thanks for your kind words & great advice - how nice to realize you can reach the point where cigarettes 'have absolutely no meaning' in your life regardless of your stressors.  I look forward to the day when that statement is true for me too.
Ashley - Thanks for your support and reminder about rewards! It feels good to give myself permission to have a' me' day' once in a while too. Made it through a crappy few days sans Nicodemon too!
Pen - You got that right!  I really didn't want to lose my resolve and blow my quit;  was just crying over my own sorry a**  and lamenting how I used to cope with a bad day by 'enjoying' a vanilla tipped cigar! Man, I really wanted that cigar at the time too -  but I 'enjoyed' a scoop of vanilla ice cream instead.
Willis - Thanks Quit bud 
Stickin' - Great wisdom in your words.  Now that I'm feeling better, I can't imagine what I was thinking. But I'm glad I ticked off another seasonal 'trigger!  Thanks for the thumbs up on 1 yr (soon) too!
Breather - LOL! - head first into the 'pity pot' I plunged!  Gagged on the stench though, so had to come up for air!  So relieved I didn't cave - can't imagine starting all over with that demon on my back!
Jim - I'm so glad you got your comp fixed and brought that sense of humor back to SSC :) Reading all those archived posts was getting creepy!   Gonna hafta find out what the heck you're all LMAO about and find this 'Brian' movie now.
Denise - Thanks for your kindness & noticing I don't smell so bad too!  We all smell good around here nowadays - it's smoking that stinks!  And congrats on making it over 2 months too!  You're doing great now :)
12 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eyja, sometimes we just are where we are, whether we smoke or not. The tears and the blahs will come anyway. So we might as well not smoke so we don't add the addiction back into our lives and complicate stuff more that it already was. And who says you're a crybaby if you cry? Why would you buy into that? It's cathartic and refreshing and we owe it to ourselves to be and feel what and how we are - at the time we feel it.  I agree with willis, you're beautiful (and you smell good, too). 

DeniseK 
12 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are correct, Pen!!!  Now I have to pick my butt up off the floor and wipe the tears running down my face!    

Jim 
  • Quit Meter

$44,235.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 17

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

12 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Too funny you guys. I'm still laughing. Sense of humour a must. Don
12 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jim,

I have requested that is be played just before my descent to hell -  and remember it's the Judean People's Front!!

Cheers!
  • Quit Meter

$56,738.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1123 Hours: 20

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

12 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Don,

Love your post!  One thing that always crept into my mind when I was starting to get down was the final scene in Monty Python's movie "Life of Brian"!  You remember, don't you???  

"Always look on the bright side of life... !"  

If you have never seen the movie, RENT IT!!!   It's one of those LMAO movies, for sure, with a message at the end!

Jim 
  • Quit Meter

$44,235.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 17

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

12 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bravo breather - great post!

And stickin - that's a pretty good one too!

• Quit Meter

$56,738.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1123 Hours: 20

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

12 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The lid came off the pity pot and I almost fell in. Poor , poor me. Some people like me have days when everything they touch turns to garbage. It's my choice what kind of a day I have and I can choose to start a new day at any time. When my day isn't how I'd like it it's time to " Keep it Simple". If I'm at the limit I'll just leave it or walk away for a while. Addiction tells us that we're not doing well when we really are. Maybe it's time for a reward ? One slogan that I should make use of more is " An Attitude of Gratitude". I find that if I'm grateful there's no room for anything negative. Note to self : Be grateful. breather
12 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

All days come to pass; the day after having not smoked is your treasure, your pot of gold.  It simply gets better.  You are right we all can have a bad day, but we make something positive of the bad day when it leaves us without a smoke.  Looking forward to your one year, cheers. 

12 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eyja, You are Beautiful.

Reading this thread: