Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Demon Nearly Brings Me To Tears

14 years ago 0 597 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heavy sigh.....
Sometimes I get weepy also.  That's when I take a hot bath and call it an early evening. 
Hey, Jan....do you still got those yard sale dishes to smash when the urge hits (or was that Windy)?

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/22/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 274
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,960
Amount Saved: $2,192.00
Life Gained:
Days: 30 Hrs: 20 Mins: 36 Seconds: 34

• Quit Meter

$52,370.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 740 Hours: 16

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 32

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One day at a time, one hour at a time.  Whatever it takes.  Tell the nicodemon he no longer controls your life.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 337
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 13,480
Amount Saved: $3,370.00
Life Gained:
Days: 50 Hrs: 7 Mins: 10 Seconds: 33

14 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
83 days is HUGE!!!!!!!!  Go Girl.......
17 days to the Cruise ship..........

Hang on......it DOES get better.

Stay Strong and keep saying N.O.P.E.
keep the Quit
hugggggggs and coooookies (lo-fat)
Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 177
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,310
Amount Saved: $743.40
Life Gained:
Days: 37 Hrs: 1 Mins: 30 Seconds: 34

14 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh no.,.. Brenda,,,,,don't get weepy, get mad,,,,,,,just keep telling yourself that cigarettes cost too much,,,,,that has been a huge motviator for me too................no lies.    As for the chemical warfare that is going on in your mind, all us bi-polars have to admitt that we're crazy, so that we can talk back to the nicodemon and not feel too weird about it. I mean really, who would understand the internal dialog that we go through, with ourselves about something so lame,,,,,as inhaling carbon monoxide, and tar, and stuff they use to embalm bodies after you die??????? I mean really, how did this nicodemon dude, wiggle its way into our lives anyway???? what is so appealing, about lung cancer? yellow teeth, and being tied to something that costs a fortune?  I am so rooting for you, because we have connected here, and I feel your emotional state of mind too. Have you ever heard of cognative therapy? thats where you use self talk to change things.......thats why its so important to write on this website, because it is a form of self talk too. My husband let me order 10 more tins of juju stxs, with his american express, cuse he knows that company is going out of busness, and he knows they have helped me termendously in quitting, and yet he is still smoking too.....he dosn't like the juju stxs...........but he is proud of me for quitting. And he figures anything that works is worth the expense.............are your rewarding yourself like your supposed to???? Maybe a baskin robbins ice cream cone would hit the spot........it cost about the same as a pack of ciggs but you deserve it.  Look at you...............83......83.......83 days......whoooohooo...............I have 21. I want to be just like you. Jules

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/2/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 21
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 420
Amount Saved: $136.50
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 1 Mins: 23 Seconds: 44

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanx Spacecas. I do think that when it comes to Nicodemon, we all have to play games, devise strategies. I think addiction may be a mental illness in itself.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 83
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,241
Amount Saved: $840.38
Life Gained:
Days: 9 Hrs: 1 Mins: 29 Seconds: 28

14 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brenda, hang in there you got 83 days behind you and I know that if this makes several times of you quiting that you really really don't wanna start over..I to think it is gotta be rough when your craving so bad to come here and read all the post about cigarette's and then try not to think about them....I will tell you that after 83 WONDERFUL DAYS that those puffs wouldn't be any kind of pleasure...After just two days quit they tasted nasty so after 83 it would probly make you gag...Try to look at it that way...I also know that on the mental side with some of the issues you have that you have to play games with your mind every thought to keep ahead of the game...I live that every day also and the hardest is the thoughts rolling around inside that never get quiet..But you hang in there because you are tougher than the nico-demon and even tougher than those pesky thoughts that pop in from nowhere...Stay strong and keep saying NOPE and if you need to cry you do it....What ever it takes to stay quit is worth it...

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/30/2009
Smoke-Free Days: -6
Cigarettes Not Smoked: -120
Amount Saved: $-24.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 0 Mins: 0 Seconds: -39997

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Stormy, Jan58, marivi! I really believe that I'm going to make it this time. I think I'm just going to have to let myself cry. With each of these weekly craves, I am getting stronger, because each one does pass. They're not hanging on me like a monkey on my back. So I really do believe that as I get more recovery, they will occur less often. Actually what's going on, and this is my stuff, is that I'm having a difficult time reading about relapses and slips. Somehow I start fantasizing how wonderful those few cigarettes, puffs... must have been. I have to see relapsing and slipping differently, and I've started working on it.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 83
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,241
Amount Saved: $840.38
Life Gained:
Days: 9 Hrs: 1 Mins: 20 Seconds: 2

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Take my hand Brenda!
We can do this together!!
Cry,Yell, but please do not smoke!
Show Nic who's the boss!
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 180
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,700
Amount Saved: $270.00
Life Gained:
Days: 20 Hrs: 13 Mins: 17 Seconds: 22

14 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brenda,
Hang in there, girl!!!!!  Sometimes those cravings feel like a huge punch in the gut.  They knock you down.  But hang on, they WILL pass, promise.
One of the best mottos I used to live by for those first few months was...THIS TOO SHALL PASS...and eventually, it did.  Keep doin' the deep breathing, keep posting, and really have a good go at Stormy's punching bag!!!!!!!!  You can't pass up an offer like that!!!!!!!

Thinking of you,
Jan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 542
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 13,550
Amount Saved: $4,471.50
Life Gained:
Days: 63 Hrs: 16 Mins: 4 Seconds: 27

14 years ago 0 744 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brenda,
 I'm sending you my punching bag......HAVE AT IT!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/17/2006
Smoke-Free Days: 1101
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 8,808
Amount Saved: $1,713.16
Life Gained:
Days: 125 Hrs: 3 Mins: 25 Seconds: 34

Reading this thread: