Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

still thinking about it every day

16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Accolades for the goat and for stubborn, where are they? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 571 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,278 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,140.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 104 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
I thought I saw a goat where is that lamb? And the goat is talking some mighty positive and powerful words: [quote] I chose to to this... I did it... I'm still doing it... and technically the job is done as I am not a smoker nor want to be. [/quote] My this goat is good and very cute! Your daughters and fellow quitter will love you for leading the way. You are a very positive component to this site. Thanks dear, hope the medication is all better now. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 570 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,135.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 104 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WHO ME?????? LAMB???? No.. a goat....I'm a goat...LOL LOL Thanks for your words of wisdom. You are so right. IT'S NOT THAT BAD. I need to TOTALLY GET OVER IT. I chose to do this.... I did it......I'm still doing it... and techinically the job is done as I am not a smoker nor want to be. Thanks... a goat who looks like a lamb Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 206 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $920.82 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
By the wayu, I love that lamb! Does that help any? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 569 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,242 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,129.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 103 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
Hello, hello fellow quitters, It is not that bad! Let's wake up to the music, six months is a long stretch so get well, get bust and do not dwell. I do not know what more i can do for you. It is needed that you use your coping skills and get yourself past all of this. just do it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 569 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,242 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,129.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 103 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know I find the length of time it seems to take people to be free discouraging. Some days are much, much better than others for me. Yet, When I have a day where it seems to pop in my mind more often than I think it should I feel very discouraged. I hear people with a year or more in and still being tantilized and I start to get heart palpatations. Stubborn......our stats are real close. Let's take notes. we can do this...right? WAIT....WE ARE DOING THIS :) MERCY [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 205 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $916.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
As far as I know thinking and doing are two different things. I think about them and then I quickly remind myself of what evil they are. I remeber your post about being a slave to them. You are no longer a slave, just an ex-smoker with some thoughts. I don't know if you will come to hate them, just don't smoke them :eg: You know I have been sober for over 30 years and I still think about drinks. Now that doesn't mean I want one, it mean I have thoughts. With this hot weather, a nice cold beer.:gasp: Instead I have ice tea or water. You see as with the cig and alchol I can not have just one puff or one drink. So I have thoughts and move on. :gasp: I don't hate the booze nor do I hate the cigs, I just understand I have an addiction and I choose life now. Sorry for the ramble, hope this helps a little. When the thougts come, change them you have that power. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $318.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is a thought that in the past has be led me to relapse...I can't go any longer thinking about it...it is too hard! When I started this quit, I told myself that I would do whatever I had to do, how ever long it took...even if it took forever. There cannot be any reason hanging around that will allow you to even consider taking a puff. All back doors must be closed. The nicodemon will come a knockin - DON'T ANSWER! I think you are close to a break through and some smoother sailing soon stubborn. Stay stubborn and you will feel better soon. BELIEVE IT. Then come back and tell us how good it is, K? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $368.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$330,706.95

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6032 Hours: 8

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Boobi YOU DARE SMOKE!!! me xxxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 371 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,162 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,947.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 72 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
pokerbrat, What is hard is what you an Stubborn have already gone through. You are still alive and kicking and well on your way. It is worth it you know and you don't want to hurry time to quickly because we get older fast enough. Make it a pleasant journey, think good thinks that are going to come out of this for you. If you can make a week, which you both have, you can have the who enchilada. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 569 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,242 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,129.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 103 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22

Reading this thread: