Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Had a HORRIBLE crave today

16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you, SammiJo!!!! I was just asking about you, too. How's the bike-riding and pool? -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,912 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $319.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
GREAT BIG HUG TO YOU SAMMIJOFL, AWESOME JOB. I think somewhere in the hundred marker range (different time for everyone) there comes a hurdle or test to our comiitment! When we stand firm we really see that how serious and close to our hearts this quit really is. The very same thing happend to me Sunday. I wrote about it in the the topic "missing chemical" just before I came here. I am so glad I didn't buckle under the temptation. I went from a mess.........to feeling so upbeat and proud. I know you feel the same way.....and you should!! You are a great example. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 107 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,154 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $478.29 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sammi Jo, first let me say from teaching high school for 31 yrs., kids may say or do anything. We must remember their minds are not developed even though their bodies are--so they look mature, but then they speak.. glad you did get some closure on the ordeal though. Now is it not amazing how the nicodemon can just jump up and hit our minds from nowhere... I am now always amazed at how the 'junkie' is trying to get me back into the fold... I too talk out loud to myself (I at least know the demon is present) NO NO NO Go Away Nope Nope Nope Nope which I heard stands for 'not one puff ever' I was saying Nope because I had watched too many King of the Hill shows.... Just scream yell or do whatever it takes not to smoke... This too shall pass was a favorite saying of mine. The rest were dirty so I stop here..... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 113 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,808 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1356 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sammi, Good for you for hanging in there! Refocus and take you time to calm down and regenerate yourself. There will be those days, be you can overcome :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
16 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you. Remeber, cigarettes give you a false sense of coping. They don't really calm you down, they stimulate and make the problem worse. As bad as you were feeling, you would have felt worse if you slipped and smoked. On Sunday my son punched and kicked me several times while telling me he hated me. All because it was time for a bath. I know how you feel. Hang in there.Remeber- smoking will only make you feel worse.
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there Sammi! Kids are always testing us, and you know that they are at that age where they "know it all"! Don't forget about raging hormones, heck they are kind of like us on day 2 of the quit! So take a few deep breaths, and relax a bit. What I am saying, is take it all with a grain of salt, they don't mean what they say, (The ranting & raving.) They just try to fit in and be cool. And all we want is for them to safe and smart! See the clash! It will come. Just wiat till cooler heads prevail and then have a chat. It helps! I have survived three, some days I thought I wouldn't make it, but I am still here! So Hang in there! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,608 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $675.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SammiJo. It is the awful exhaustion that you feel after such a confrontation that weakens you and you so easily let your guard down and some part of you probably wanted to exercise some power over 'them' and have a damned cigarette!! But you had the last laugh and showed the greater power by realising what folly it would be and not giving in. I hope things are resolved now and when you think back on that awful day you can congratulate yourself for your resolve in NOT doing the easy thing and stopping to feed the addiction. Well done. Gen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 660 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �287 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SammiJo......Congrats!!!!! You should be so proud of yourself for saying NO to the addiction. When you said that, If there ever was a day that you deserve a smoke.... Just KNOW, that you never deserve a smoke.. you deserve to ALWAYS have the power that you flexed today to say, NO, I deserve BETTER.. No smoking. Be so proud of yourself!!!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 187 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $35.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
16 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SammiJo, I was JUST thinking today (while posting to the weight forum) that I haven't seen you post in a while and I was wondering how you were doing. SO glad to see that you're still smoke free and I'm even MORE glad to see that you made it through that confrontation with your daughter. Congratulations!!! Don't let ANYTHING get between you and your quit! YOu're doing great! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 689 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 17,249 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2845.57 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you SammiJo for hanging in there. Stressful times really seem to test our wills, but you passed the test with flying colors! Boxerfan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 737 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $200 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16

Reading this thread: