Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

I HAVE FALLEN

17 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks to you all,you are such good friends.I do not want to smoke again.I dont know why I did that yesterday,I just dont know.I know that I could have not smoked just as easily.I guess it may be part of quitting,I know this,I will become a non-smoker.I really did not want those cigs...it was foolish,and I LET IT BEAT ME. Today I will continue to be a non smoker and I will succeed..... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 514 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $100 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smokey, Take it from me. Those failures can be a SUPER POSITIVE THING... or bring you down big time. I know without a doubt that I never would be where I am today, without those failures. I learned soooooo much from them. Quiting isn't about suffering....it is about learning. Make sure you dump the quilt!! Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,469 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $326.31 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Its an addiction Smokey. I had to realize that before I could get my head in the right place. You have to focus on the positive. You have to get it in your head that smoking is not an option, so what is the next option? Relaxation techniques? Exercise? Punching a pillow? There is something that will work, read read read all the post you can find here that catch your interest, because a lot of people have been there! Get back on the horse and ride him till he's calm. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 761 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $316.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smokey - as one who has been there, I can tell you that you need to really think about what triggered this and how you will handle the situation differently next time. You can do it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 77 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24.48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$119,533.93

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6401 Hours: 1

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't stress about falling off the wagon, get back on. You learned a lesson and you should be proud of yourself. I have also fallen in the past and it took me several times to figure it out. Your mind plays tricks on you so don't beat yourself up. You are not a failure.
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smokey, Remember you always have a choice: You smoke or you don't. Think about that choice before you light up. Stress has nothing to do with smoking. Smoking only makes you feel bad. You should make a decision: You smoke or you don't smoke. If you choose for not smoking, then don't. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 368 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,050 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1085.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good For You Smokey A Fresh Start Lets kick some ash!!!!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 858 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $170 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I HAVE DESTROYED THEM,I WILL NOT SMOKE !!!!!!!!
17 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I so agree with Tutti. I smoked after a good 20 day quit. I felt like such a loser. I don't want to feel that way again. I think each time we cave it gets a little easier to understand why we did it. But it sure isn't a good feeling giving up that quit. Good luck and try to stay stronger than that next urge!!!!! Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,978 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $516 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Smokey, Don't be too rough on yourself. That just makes it so much harder to pull yourself back up and keep on with your quit. I know how you feel because I've slipped myself and I smoked exactly three cigarettes on the 4th day of my Feb. 14th quit. I started again on Feb. 18th and I'm stronger now than I was when I fell on my butt. I learned something from falling on my butt and that is, I don't won't to feel that utter defeat/failure again. So, I picked myself up and, as hard as quitting is, I haven't come close to giving in like that again. We sure learn from our mistakes, don't we? The next time I felt really tempted, I came here first. So don't beat yourself up so badly instead, see what you've learned from this slip. Okay? Tell us how we can help you. We're all right here to help you every step of the way. Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,023 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $157.96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59

Reading this thread: