Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Struggling

17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulation to all you fine quitters; several of you around week 10. I think we have done it.
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So I'm not alone in this "craving" phase. I know it will pass. I'm doing lots of deep breathing, drinking plenty of water, etc. No, its just a phase, and definitely easier than it was 2 months ago. But where's my mind at, I said today was Thursday in a response to Phil...and yes...now I realize...its Friday!!!! One day at a time, and through all of this, I'm just so glad I'm a non smoker. Time is the greatest healer of all. Thanks for the vent time, guys, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,093 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $621 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, Good for you! A reward is definitely in order for those gorgeous 70 days! Periodic rewards can serve as important reminders as to your reasons and the benefits you have as a result of quitting. Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm with you in the struggling department. NOPE We are not deprived!!!!! We are making the right choice. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,448 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $828 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$330,495.98

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6028 Hours: 12

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, that's strange because I have also noted that the cravings have been stronger lately, have we plataued (sp?) or something? Hang tough. Marie
Hi Jan Remember to use your set of distractions today. If you give yourself a little more time you should be over most of the hard stuff. Stick with it, you will love yourself for it. Just a little farther now. You know you will forget about smoking. Don't dwell, push the thoughts out and continue with your business at hand. If you give yourself the time, you will not only forget about lightning up, you also will not want to light up. I don't think about smoking and I'm using the money saved on other things.
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A little late in seeing your post Jan.. But you do sound so much better! I agree with Windy that this is a phase -- been through many of those and they come outta nowhere...skeeeeeeeeeeery! Also agree that "this too shall pass" and IT DOES! Congrats on 70 days sweetie :) :) Love and hugs, Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,405 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $630 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stickin, I'm definitely in for a 70 day celebration!!!!! Phil, I hear you and I'll do my very best not to crave on Thursdays! Guess what, today, being Thursday, I do not crave! Have a great day! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,076 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $621 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan I take one day off and you start struggling..... Can you please not crave on Thursdays as I cant help I have a day off every Thursday. Go for Monday next week as I will be here OK? Phil x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 227 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,997 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1191.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
You are so right precious, Smoking just fills a void Jan; find replacements for this. Remember smoking kills us and I want you to live. 10.60, how about a nice lunch instead, dear. Happy 70 days to yo. Can we celebrate now?

Reading this thread: