Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Learning as I go

17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
GOOD FOR YOU. I see your stats... and it prepares me for future attacks. I will keep my guard up and be on the lookout. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,075 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $236.91 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jan, I craved alot last week at that 60 day mark. I remember a post that mentioned craves around the 30, 60, 90 days. I forgot about those cravings so I didn't talk myself into it. Just like all the other times, THIS TOO SHALL PASS! You are doing great :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,011 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $281.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan58 You have earned a whole lot of hanging around time...61 days is amazing, keep on going... nonic
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Popcorns ready! Do you want extra butter on that? Jan - You are doing so amazing - We are so proud of you!! Is there room on the couch for me too? What movie will we watch? Hmmmm...maybe best moments of American Idol!! I'm getting pretty good at these fruit smoothies...shall I mix up a batch??? Phil...you can come......but you have to promise to wear your pajamas this time. I remember one day when it was so bad, I crawled under the covers and just lied there for about 30 mins and..........yeppers......it did get better. Now...if only I could figure out a way to get my blankets and my remote control to work with me... Congrats on 61 days! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 185 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,716 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $925 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anna, That makes a whole lot of sense. 30, 60, 90 days. I craved big time at 30 days, and the last few days have a been little rougher than normal. I'll keep my eyes open again at 90 days. Once you realize what's happening, it makes it easier to deal with. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,873 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $558 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
I am grateful for every smoke free day I have. Some are tougher than others but I'm making it. Even at 61 days I take nothing for granted because 'ol nick kicked me a grand one today. I haven't felt like this in a while. The only difference now is that I'm able to tell myself this is only TEMPORARY and really believe it. Besides make supper and tidy the kitchen(I'm off work for March Break), I slept and watched TV, which of late hasn't been my routine. For a while that little voice in my head kept saying - "You should go out for a walk its lovely outside, you should doing laundry, you shouldn't just be laying there." Do shades of lazy come into play here. That's what that little voice was inferring. It started to get me down until....I had to shout out....to no one but myself.... "HOLD UP ONE MINUTE!!!!!" I've done something marvelous for myself here, I DON'T smoke anymore, and if that means I need a lazy day, SO BE IT!!!! I will not allow myself or old nick to get me down. In the beginning of my quit I would have been quite apt to say, "Oh God, I can see tomorrow being no better than today." Now, after the rough day I've had, I can say, "Yes God, I can picture tomorrow being better." And the nice thing now is.....I can truly believe it. Time is the greatest healer on this quitting smoking journey. And patience...don't forget the patience. Bummed out but NOT broken, because tomorrow will be better! Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,850 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $549 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Thanks for the rally round, guys. I'm feeling better tonight. There's lots of room on my couch, oh and there's the love seat too! So now there's loads of room. Lots of movies to choose from and loads of popcorn too, as long as you don't mind sharing it with my beagles. They love popcorn...with butter!!!!! And Phil...don't forget the jammies!!!! You make me smile guys, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,856 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $549 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You did it again!!!!!!! I have one day off to tidy up the garden and you throw a party!! Sulk.... LMAO Phil x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 220 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,624 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1155 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Spoken like a true Scarlett O'hara! Enjoy your lazy day! You deserve it. Don't let 'wife' or 'mommy' guilt in the door....Nobody's life is in jeopardy if a bed doesn't get made or the laundry hamper gets a tad full....throw them a sandwhich and chips and put a good movie in the DVD player. Come to think of it, scoot over on the sofa, I deserve a little down time as well and would like to join ya! ;) Hey, Windy...pop some popcorn while you're in the kitchen..... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 188 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,438 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1504 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You make the BEST popcorn, Windy!!!!!Absolutely perfect!!!! :) Golly, Jan. you couldn't ask for a more agreeable group! We got the sectional from Hell!!!! Rolls out to a king-size bed with four recliners on the other side of the corner unit!!!!! Hee-hee! Oh, and Phil, I just LOVE your jammies!!!!! Where in the world did you find extra-large Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle jammies?????? Too cute! :p Oh, Jan....what a fun night! Thanks! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 188 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,446 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1504 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6

Reading this thread: