Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,667 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

White knuckles

17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Penguin - And when you are ready to try again we will be here. Take the time you need, go deep, and see what your soul is saying. Blessings, Love and Light- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,889 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $381.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[size=4]HEY[/size] Penguin - Well you did get that "BUT" - ya came here, right? That pause, that BUT is all you need. Draw a dark black line of demarcation between YOU and that junkie crap talk. Get familiar with the difference between YOUR voice and the junkie's different voices. Sometimes he whispers in the most seductive voice, sometimes he just tries to convince us it's the voice of reason, blah blah... And your voice? Why I believe that Phillip posted it up above:( And you recognized it, yes? SEE AND FEEL THE DIFFERENCE... And when you hear that ol' junkie going on and on ~ you have two choices, which are: 1) turn the volume down 2) turn the power off :) So - NO SMOKING... N.O.P.E Healer xox [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,855 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $376.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[quote] I start my new quit tomorrow!!!! 2 months ago, I gave in to the demon after 107 days and I have been scratching and clawing my way back to making a firm commitment again. It has been difficult, but I am here with a renewed COMMITMENT to myself and my quit. I will protect it at all costs. I also have renewed my DETERMINATION...to make this my final quit. I am really tired of banging my head against the wall. No need to do that anymore. What worked for me then was making a CHOICE...every time and in every situation and with every emotion. I will not give in and I will not give up. I am an addict and always will be. "Like Diamonds, but without the sparkle, addictions are forever." Before I lost my quit, I was tired of fighting. I thought I had become addicted to the SCC and started to back away. BIG MISTAKE. Funny... since then I haven't gone very far away at all, just lurking in the background these last few weeks, trying to get my head out of the smoky clouds. I can see daylight now and reality. Smoking Sucks and I WANT OUT!!! I chose this as my quit date because I am on vacation and planned it so that I could take all the time I need this week to focus on HELL WEEK...one minute at a time. With the SCC support family and my DESIRE TO BE FREE, I will be successful in my Quest for FREEDOM!!!! [/quote] CHOICE DETERMINATION FREEDOM Just thought I would run this by you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,951 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $727.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
Lots of deep breaths Drink plenty of water and FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT You know that it is the addict talking, You know what you need to do differently to keep quit, You know where you need to go to reach inside and get your strength and reserve to fight the addict. You have got through a good portion of the day! Keep Strong - Keep Quit. Concentrate on the loving and caring intervention that you are creating for yourself by giving yourself a life of freedom. Ciao Phillip I'll keep checking in as I am able this afternoon. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,951 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $727.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
Penguin I hope you are ultra proud of yourself for getting the gas and only the gas! This calls for a big big pat on the back, a big hug and a great big acknowledgement. Doing great and it will get better!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,953 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $727.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
Penguin I will be here when you find your way back. Sorry I missed you today. I look forward to being able to journey with you when you come back here. Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 98 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,979 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $735 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad you got through this Penguin, you know with past experience that these things are sent to test us. The fact that it is hard makes it all the more satisfying when we can win through, the fact you have won through shows how tough you are. Rock on Penguin, you have Old Nic beat! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 108 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,305 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �270 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 663 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'll look forward to seeing you here again when the time is right for you. Thanks for being there for me with kind words - I appreciated it. Happy trails to you until we meet again. Be kind to yourself, you deserve nothing less. Todd
17 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penguin Will miss you. The best thing about the SSC is that its here whenever you need it. Colleen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 100 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,523 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1175 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$59,062.90

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6645 Hours: 21

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penguin. My heart goes out to you. Don't give up on yourself. When the time is right it will happen. I quit a million times before. Just never for more than a few hours. Something will click and then you will have it. Keep in touch. Don't stop coming back here. Don't stop coming back. I'm going to say it one more time because I don't want you to miss this. Do NOT stop coming back here. WE are her for you ALWAYS! Take this time to do some soul searching my friend. Contact me if you need me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 329 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,590 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1151.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29

Reading this thread: