Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,645 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA, JCONOPIO

Sadness

18 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Alex. I'm glad you're having a better day. I can undersand that you were sad before--like a comfortable old "friend" was gone, but we don't want that smelly evil thing hanging around like a ball and chain sucking the life out of us, right? I took advise from some of the other posts I've been reading and---I smelled my hands! They smell great, have you tried it yet? Hang in there, you're doing great. I'm on day 3 of no smoking. Trudy
18 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey alexa, Don't give in... 13 days is just the start of a new life! Hang in there, Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 410 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $74.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone. Thank you for your support. This site is great. I am still smoke-free. Having good days and bad ones, but still not smoking. It is such an accomplishment for me. I never ever tried to quit before, was absolutely sure I will never do it and here I am - 13 days and counting. I just would like to know why one day I could care less if I smoke or not and next day I am a raving lunatic. And when it will get easear. I know that 13 days is not a lot comparing to 40+ years of smoking but I pray for time when I will not think about cigarettes. My husband quit 10 years ago and he said that even to this day he sometimes thinks that it would be nice to have a cigarette after drink (or coffee, or dinner). What's with this drug that has such a hold on us? I envy people who could smoke one or two cigarettes a day. I smoked 10 cigarettes a day, not a lot, but if I multiply 10 by 365 (days a year) and by 40 (years smoked) it will give me 146,000.00 cigarettes smoked in 40 years. OMG, this is scary. Sorry for long post, just today is not very easy day and I had to vent. Alexa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 136 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
Hi WOW! I made it through day 7!!!!! Never thought I will last even 1 day. I feel that huge part of my success is this board. I read and re-read messages every single day of my quit. I hope that I will never smoke again. I must say that these 7 days were not that bad. Probably thanks to Wellbutrin. I would not make it without these little pills. I almost don't have cravings. Of course they hit me couple of times a day, but nothing major. I know it is too soon to be happy about easy road, but so far so good. I even want to stop taking Wellbutrin. Please, any of you guys who took Wellbutrin, tell me if it's OK to stop taking it after 7 days of quit or should I continue taking it and if yes, for how long. Thanks for everybody's help. Alexa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 73 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
Hi I spoke too soon. Today is the worst day. I have non-stop craving since morning. I took Wellbutrin but still want to smoke so bad. The only thing that stops me is that this is the first quit in my 40+ years of smoking and I don't want to fail. My husband quit more than 10 years go, so he really doesn't remember how it was for him. He just keeps saying that cravings will stop. I relly hope so because now I would kill for cigarette. Alexa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 75 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
Thanks for answering. I truly beleive that sadness will pass, but how to cope with it now? I know that I CAN smoke and it is my choice not to, but right now it doesn't help. I am 57 years old. Maybe I am too old to quit. I don't know. It is not that I want to smoke, it's just feeling that I lost a part of me. I know it's stupid to think this way, but I can't help it. Like I said, maybe I am just too old for this. Thanks for listening. Alexa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 43 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
Thanks everybody for listening to my ramblings. This site is a great help to me and I am sure to everybody who wants (or already did) to quit. It makes me feel much better knowing that I am not alone. I am in day 5 and today is harder than yesterday. Don't know why. I am still on Wellbutrin (half dose). Maybe I should up the dose. Just don't want to be hooked on antidepressant. I understand that first few weeks are the hardest. This is the first time I am trying to quit and I never thought that I will last even a day. So day 5 is the great accomplishment for me. Alexa
Hi. I quit 4 days ago after smoking for 42 years. It is very hard, but I think I can make it. I am on Wellbutrin XL 150 mg. Originally my quit day was 3/13, but I decided to quit on 3/10. I do have cravings, but the worst for me is that I feel very sad that I can't smoke. I really miss it. Is this sadness also some kind of withdrawal? Does anybody else feels this way? Also, when I will start feeling great about not smoking? My husband who quit 10 year ago said that it will come. But when? Now I feel nothing but sadness. It is really strange feeling. Can anybody relate to this? Thanks for listening to me. Alexa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 43 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
18 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well Alexa; I won't say I don't know how you feel. I made myself stay in bed till 10 am just to avoid having to deal with the intense cravings I have. I'm having a hell of a time with a contractor I hired to work on my bathroom to fix what another shmuck screwed up. This time, work is about 3 weeks behind. Yesterday was so good and today I just want to be put to sleep so I don't have to deal with it. Ugh. Still, I'm almost at a month. Throw away that for the sake of unreliable people and circumstances beyond our control? I just read a thread of someone who did (cave in to smoking) and I feel so bad for him. It's discouraging, but this is tough, I know. I won't speak disparagingly of this because it's not someone else's fault that I'm having a tough time today. I do get how one day we're fine and the next we're going nuts- the anger, the depression, the anxiety which seems to come on out of nowhere. I just don't want to be one of these casualties of this war, do you? People do quit and stay quit. I'd really like that for you and for me. Hang in there. Bob [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,108 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $243 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Alexa, Sorry you are having a rough start today. Just remember, you DO NOT smoke anymore. Be strong. I remember when my cravings felt like they lasted all days, no breaks. What I didnt realize is that I made them like that. I didnt use my tools. I didnt find something else to think about. All I did was dwell in the craving thinking how aweful it was. Snap out of it! Quitting is hard. Unbelievably hard. But it is worth it. You have to fight though. You will see the light very soon. Just dont smoke. Dont put yourself through this again.......... Good luck, stay strong, and dont smoke. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39.24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30

Reading this thread: