Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,558 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Five Years Tomorrow No Smokes

10 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are a genuine supporter and inspiration
10 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Todash. Yes the moniker is more appropriate compared to what it used to be. I can remember talking on the phone before I stopped and having a coughing spell where I had to call back when I stopped. I used to be out of breath at the top of a flight of stairs and now I can walk 5 km. without even thinking about it. Fresh air is good. breather breathing better !
10 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Five years is massive.  I bet that 'breather' moniker is more and more appropriate every day for you.  Hope you enjoy all that fresh air going in, now that you'll be out in it more!  Congratulations.

x T
Hello Jim When I first came to this site I wasn't quite sure what to expect. You were one of the first people to reach out to me as you have to countless others. I'm grateful that you were here for me and I thank you for your contribution to this site. I can remember burning my dinner because I forgot about it on the stove because we were talking back and forth on the IM here for hours at a time. lol Thank you my friend. breather Don
10 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Don!!!

Huge congratulations to you on joining the 5 Year Club!!!  Aside from your next journey towards a slimmer-trimmer you, I hope that you rewarded yourself well for attaining this milestone!  You definitely deserve it, buddy!  Throughout your journey you proved that a "professional,"  2-pack a day smoker could indeed kick that demon's ash and it's addict hold over you!  I'm still very proud of you!

Thanks for continuing to hang out and help show all of our new quit buddies that it can be done with a Positive Mental Attitude and support from those who have been on this journey towards freedom!  I'm still going through an extremely busy and stressful part of my life, but still log in whenever possible to lend a hand!  Hopefully it won't be long before I'm back more often.

Once again, congrats to you, good friend and welcome to the Club!!

Jim

• Quit Meter

$44,332.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1061 Hours: 2

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hello and thank you Dave. I've been meaning to ask you how things are going now? I would imagine a lot better than the early days. I have to agree that it sure is one heck of a ride. We can not only start a new day any time we like but we can start a new life as well. It's a good thing that we stopped before a catastrophic event which is life changing in itself. I can still throw the proverbial monkey wrench into the works as all addicts can so I would do well to follow my own advice. It's easy to get caught up in the poor me thing if you know what I mean. As it happens I got tested yesterday big time and I'm still reeling from it so I think I'll let someone else own it because I don't need drama. lol Actually it's my blood pressure that doesn't need the drama. Excellent for us for not smoking and being happy about it. breather Don
10 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Excellent for you, Don. You are a genuine supporter and inspiration to all on this site. Congrats on 5 years of smobriety. I remember when your 75 days seemed so far away. Thanks for dragging me out of the gutter in the early days. It is one heck of a ride we're on. I still have a printout of one of your posts on my work desk. "You can start a new day at any time. Start now". Enjoy your accomplishment and reward. Keep the quit, Dave
  • Quit Meter

$50,561.55

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1126 Hours: 11

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 32

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thank you LovesFred. Early on in the quit we need all the encouragement we can get. I haven't forgotten what it was like to just make it through the day hanging by a thread that's ready to snap any minute. The only difference between your 9 days and my time is that I've been taking it one day at a time for a few more days and you're more than likely having a harder time of it than I am. My reward is watching the days , months and years add up for the newcomer and to see the chronic relapser finally get it right. I figure that if a person isn't ready to stop they'll come back in their own time. An addict that isn't using for any length of time is miraculous to me. The message is that even a chronic like me can stop if I really want to. Excellent for us for not smoking today. breather
10 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, nice of you to keep on inspiring people to keep their quits. You have obviously been quite a role model for many. Congrats on 5 years, that's unimaginable. What's your reward? 

Denise 
Thank you snice and yes it does feel amazing. I always said throughout all the time that I smoked that I'd never be able to stop and that I'd have to be locked up in order to quit and things of that nature. What I've learned is to never say never. Quitting smoking could very well be the battle of our lives. We are after all fighting for our life. As long as you don't light that first one you'll be the one with five years before you know it. How does that sound to you ? Yay for you ! breather Don

Reading this thread: