Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

OK I give

16 years ago 0 447 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sweats should be outlawed. They are the most unattractive piece of clothing ever made. And I can't even wear my damn shorts. Gotta buy some new soma them too! OK so I got 7 lbs in 35 or 40 days. Pretty darn close. Terry [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 470 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok... here's my number... I was curious and got the scales out this morning... 9 POUNDS in 30 Days!!!!! Beat that or just sit back and relax AND be happy about it!!! Thank the lord for my relaxed fit jeans!!! I can put on shorts or sweats when I get home!!!! Have a great weekend!!! Tubby Jimmy ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 750 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $123.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$44,272.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 15

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Well I'm gonna just have to keep posting here just for the compliments. Man oh man you all are wonderful. I will sit back and relax, but do I really have to be happy about it? Geez Ha ha Terry [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 470 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Terry!! What Greger said!!! Just looking at your picture, You ARE a hottie!! And I thought it was said in a previous post that some of your friends said that you could stand to gain a pound or two!! I broke down this morning and hopped on the scale.... up 9 pounds now!!! UGH!!! Oh well, here I sit fat and happy... and a non-smoker!!! Like I said before... Enjoy it (the weight)while it lasts, because, as I have come to know you, I'm sure that it won't last for ever!!! You're going to be going over the 7 week mark this weekend!! Congrats on that accomplishment!! Yap later!!! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 750 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $123.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$44,272.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 15

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Greger, Thank you for the wonderful compliment. Please don't feel bad for me though as I'm doing a good enough job of that all on my own. Ha ha I did still have that ice cream before bed as usual and today I feel a bit better. But I went and sweated at the gym again last night and I'm trying to "WILL" the extra lbs off. Oh Boy! LOL Terry [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 470 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
16 years ago 0 248 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh Terry, I feel so bad for you! But at least you already have an exercise regimen in place. I didn't and now must begin from scratch, as a gourmet cook and foodie I sympathize with giving up anything as far as food goes. Do yourself a big favour and pick up a few pieces of clothing for this interim period while you get tobacco under control and get a little 'fluffy'. I've seen your picture Terry, you are very beautiful, a few pounds wont change that. Once again believe me when I tell you that the way you feel is caused by tobacco cessation. Recognize it, have some ice cream, gain a pound. Laugh at life. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/17/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 231 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,544 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $970.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 42 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Terry, Yeah it sucks, and sweats are an option, but everyone who is successful either says they lose it later or they get used to and look better weighing a few pounds more. Believe it, believe in yourself, believe in the extraordinary gift you are giving yourself for the rest of your life, and let the weight be what it is - temporary. Lord knows, I never lost any weight by going back to smoking, so THAT'S a NO brainer! [IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p300/DeeKaySss/BirdWeight3.jpg[/IMG] Hugs, Denise [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/9/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $430.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
I would like to thank everyone that posted with me on this subject today. I am mortified and scared to death to gain 25lbs. I will not! I am the kind of person that's got to beat this to death before I get to acceptance and I'm not sure I'm all the way there yet, but I know that the weekend is coming and I can spend all weekend in spandex and elastic if I want. LOL Thanks again everyone. Terry [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 460 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $69.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You guys are cracking me up!!! I am at 200++ days as a non smoker and I have "just" now been able to read the weight-gain part of this site!!! I was soooo afraid if the weight issue got too big I would start smoking again... Well.. 25 lbs later, I am a NON smoke with a big butt!!! I have been on a low carb & low fat for six weeks and have only lost 6 lbs. That is so sad!!! My point is..... just don't worry, be happy AND DO NOT SMOKE!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 222 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $666.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
16 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It will get better - honest!! I remember going to bed in tears after I had not only gone up a size but was starting to outgrow that one. After passing 100 days, I started to work on exercise and diet. Our metabolism does get all messed up when we quit smoking but adding some exercise to your day will kick start it again.... and you WILL be able to have your treats again.... When I was ready, I used a diet site on the internet which was awesome. One thing at a time....Quitting smoking is so hard and you are doing such an amazing job! Keep up the good work! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 570 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,850.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 55 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22

Reading this thread: