Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Rough day

16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lol rnd...way to plan ahead...i am so enjoying following this saga skully, hang in there. The hardest days are behind you. Not that there aren't some difficult days along the way, but at least you have gotten most of the poison out of you. And remember, you would have some frustrating things to deal with whether you smoked or not. You just have to find different ways to deal with them. A cigarette isn't going to turn pink hair normal, make your boss do his own work, or make your friend quit whining. Are you drinking plenty of water? This quit journey teaches us a lot more than we don't need cigarettes. It lets us experience our emotions without running away from them by smoking. In the process we learn new ways to deal with them. Ask, and people will help you figure out how to do that. The good thing? It's the weekend!!!! Yay!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 225 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,530.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
16 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well the funny thing is, that my hubby did quit with me. He just doesn't like to hear me whine and complain and be down. So he offered to get me cigarettes. I did school him on how he should have handled the situation. Oh a positive note, I am having a much better day today. Only a few major cravings, but that could be because no one is really in my office today, so I was able to stay mellow. Today really helped me start believing that there is an eventual end. Still stayin strong, Skully [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 60 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
RND, Spr and Skully you guys are so impressive, strong and brave. Much braver than I, I don't know that I could have quit if John hadn't too. I admire you guys. I am sending you all my positive vibes, willpower, and faith. Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 182 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $318.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 35 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Skully, It sounds like you are having a rough go of today. I am with you on the staying strong part, I am not giving it up now!! And you should not either because you already have 2 days behind you...and it is amazing at how quickly the time passes. Reward yourself and while your bf is going on and on, just imagine you are going on a hike, and this time, you will be able to go twice as far between becoming winded!! :) Aloha, I am just trying to hang, but it is now getting funny the way me and hubby are going back and forth on this stuff. But I bought some of the nicorette lozenges things and next time he offers me a smoke, I am going to offer him one of those right back. He said he cant do it cold turkey like I did, but wished he had something to help him over the hump. Ask and you shall recieve!! lol!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 210 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39.38 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
16 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You and your friend are not alone today. Its only day three for me and I have only slept 6 hours in the past 72. It seems like everyone at work is out to piss me off. My troop has an IQ of 4 and doesn't understand why she can't show up to work with Pink hair in the military. Everyone seems rude, I don't really have anyone to talk to. My suposed best friend(her words not mine) just *****es and complains about her husbanad, job, and pregnancy so I don't get a word in....and yes I have talked to her about it...but she just doesn't get how the world just isn't about her. My supirior is making me do stupid **** that is his job but he doesn't feel like doing it so its left up to me. My husband is not going through nearly as much withdraw as I am, and offered to get me a cigarette. I just want to cry right now. I don't want to start back up but I just feel so alone. So, as long as you don't smoke, I wont. We are not close but we are going through the same feelings, so I will try to help you stay strong if you help me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
lol....atta girl, rnd...you're our very own superspouse hero! [IMG]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r109/olgemac/congratulations.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 224 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,960 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,523.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
Ummmmm Alohakeia, nope, I did not get rid of them. I crushed every single one of them, tore them into little bits and returned them back to him. He said "Why did you do that? I could have smoked them?" I, of course very innocently said "But this way I cant smoke them". He said "I wont make that mistake again"....under his breath...I was laughing so hard I was crying. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 210 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39.38 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
rnd and sprquits, You both are doing just great! Keep using whatever coping strategies are working. It's nice to hear you planning ahead, for both coping and rewarding yourselves. Um rnd, did you get rid of those cigs? Send a clear message ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 223 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,920 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,516.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
Awwww!!! Thanks to you all soooo much. I really do appreciate the help and the support. I figure it really does have to get better because I dont want it to get any worse!!!! And tomorrow marks the end of 2 weeks. There are times I have wondered if I did it right by going cold turkey, and right now, I am grateful I did because if I had to try to break the NRT habit after this, I would be LOONEY!! I do know everyone's quit is different and for me, this was the best way. Every day that I am a non-smoker, the stronger my resolve gets to stay this way so I can fuss at my hubby for stinking like smoke and for caring enough about my life NOT to have to go throw this again!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 195 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36.56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't let it get you down rnd34! You are bigger than that damn cigarette so don't let it run your life! Plan for a really decadent pampering evening for you as a grand reward! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 240 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,532.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44

Reading this thread: