Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

I really need help

16 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Flodia, Your doing amazing! Like I tell myself, if I smoke I start over from day 0, all of the effort I've put toward my quit is shot. I know what the first few weeks are like (all too well from the amount of times I quit smoking), I'm not going through it again. When the crave hits I just tell myself that. Good luck and hang in there :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $273.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Floridaquitter, 3 Weeks without a smoke is just fantastic!! From now on it will become easier every day. If you can quit for 3 weeks, you can quit for 3 years aswell. It is not easy some days but on the other hand, you've showed everyone what a good thing you are doing. You have more time and I think you should tell your husband and daughter that you need some time for yourself. I bet they are really proud of you. Do some things you like to do and stay busy. Go out and have some fun. You're doing great!! Love Dutch :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 431 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,930 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,271.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 60 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Florida Quitter, Thank goodness these feelings you're having are only TEMPORARY. Hang in there, I know what you're going through. Every day is just a little bit easier. And I know what you mean about your family being demanding with your time. My kids are grown...and still it doesn't stop. When I'm not smoking I have to put my foot down, because that's the time you really need to be good to yourself. Hang in there, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
floridaquitter, You are by far not alone. You need to focus on your quit and everything else can wait. 3 weeks is awesome and you should be so proud of yourself!!! Just walk away from the demanding people around you. That was a hard thing for me to learn to do. I quit cold turkey so I really don't know much about the patch, gum or other methods but I do know that there were times when cravings would come and last for a while. Just remember that each craving you make it through makes you that much stronger for the next. Try to view each craving as the next stepping stone to freedom. You are building a new life. One that is smoke free and it is an amazing adventrue. A journey that is well worth the trip. Remember: Every day is one day closer to never feeling this way again. Keep laying those stepping stones. You will be amazed at how good you are going to feel real soon now. Lady [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 704 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,080 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,464.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 63 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks everyone. I'm doing much better. I think I found out the problem. I used CVS's brand of patch for a week, instead of the Nicoderm CQ's that I had been using. On Sunday I had to go get more patches and went back to the Nicoderm. Anyway, I noticed a marked difference in my cravings today. I've used other generic patches in past quits with no problems, maybe the pack I bought was defective. Mercy, I took your advice and it really helped. Nothing gets rid of a craving quite like fear does!! Thanks to everyone for your support. It's nice to know I'm not alone and that there is light at the end of the tunnel. :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 425 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi FloridaQuitter- Rusty is so right! Boundaries... One thing that becomes more and more important on this journey - is taking good, gentle and loving care of SELF... That means some quiet ME time. Just make sure to take this time for yourself as it will become one of your best and most used coping skills in the tough times. Blessings ~ and you are doing great!! Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 456 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,960 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,120.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 60 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi FloridaQuitter. I've said it here many times and I'll say it again. This is what I have found to work for me. Try it when you feel a craving coming on. First, acknowledge the craving and how part of you would like to smoke. Next remind yourself that you quit and don't NEED to put that poison in your body anymore. Finally tell that craving to BEAT IT (or go to he@@, get lost, whatever works for you!) I honestly can say that so far, it has worked wonders! You have nothing to lose by trying this method. Trial and error will teach you what works for you. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 792 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $269.28 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$119,589.21

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6403 Hours: 23

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 533 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You must put yourself first...If momma isn't happy no one is happy...give your self "ME" time-get a long soak in the bath tub. Have some favorite music..play that in the back ground. You deserve it! You are a non smoker! Tell your Hubby, "I need quite time"! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
16 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Floridaquitter, I'm a Florida girl, too. I just want to mention about your husband and daughter not leaving you alone. There is a simple solution for that. Go in your room and lock your door. Or go for a walk. Or get in your car and go shopping. I don't know how old your daughter is, but your husband is old enough to understand that there are times when you need "ME TIME." You can make it clear in many ways. My grandmother threatened to smack my grandfather with an iron skillet. LOL You have to stand up for yourself or they will walk over you. They need to find something else to do. Three weeks is awesome. You should be very proud of yourself! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 902 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 25,256 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,157.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 127 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
  • Quit Meter

$54,953.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 648 Hours: 22

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi florida, You have been free of ciggies for 3 weeks! Have you ever gone that long without smoking before? When the craves come, use some positive self talk. Say, I am so thankful that I am not poisoning myself with nicotine anymore. Or, I do not need to spend money to harm my body any longer. Or even, I'm peaceful and free. Find a mantra that speaks to you. The cravings will go away. You are stronger than they are. Get your quit meter going so you can moniter your progress in this oh so exciting journey! (should I say roller coaster ride?). Time passes whether we smoke or not. Hang in there. new me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 192 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56

Reading this thread: