Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Coffee and Cig Craving

17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I'm enjoying my cup of coffee without smoking! It's amazing! I don't feel any craving for cigarette . However, occasionally, I still feel like I'm missing something ... Yes, I know, old habit dies hard ... That nicodemon doesn't want to go away ... Hello and goodbye, Old Nicko ! :) So far so good ! NOPE ! :) Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 228 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $110 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
Hi Josie, The craving comes to me in different forms. In general, it's "craving for comfort", not craving for cigarette! I felt agitated, irritable, uncomfortable, specially in the chest area ... Previously, when I smoked, I felt a pleasurable sensation in the chest area when I took a puff from the cigarette . Now, it seems I'm missing that pleasure, not the cigarette ! So, I'm trying different ways to cope: deep and slow breath (it helps greatly!), menthol lozenges, plenty of water, stretching exercises, brisk walking , ... and an NRT inhaler as the last resort (I use this inhaler only when it is necessary, when the craving becomes unbearable). In previous attempts to quit smoking, I tried Zyban, NRT gums, NRT lozenges, ... but I failed because that craving for comfort was too powerful to overcome by those methods! I did not try NRT patch because I was not a heavy smoker (10 cigs a day, on average), and thus, did not need constant supply of nicotine. This time, I think I'm better prepared, mentally, and I also come to know this support group (yes, thanks for your supports!) ... I'm more confident that I will succeed! Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 189 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
Hi, This is my Day 17, so far so good. Yesterday morning, I went to work . As it was still very early in the morning, I stopped by at a coffee shop, ordered a white coffee, and enjoyed it. Usually, I drank coffee with one or two cigarettes. This time, amazingly, I could enjoy my coffee without any urge to smoke! However, after dinner, I went to see a friend to help her installing a new software on her PC. As she offered a special coffee with very nice aroma, I suddently felt a strong craving for cigarette! The craving was terribly powerful ! Luckily, she's a non-smoker and there was no cigarette in her house ! So I endured that craving for a while, slowly breathed in and slowly breathed out ... watching my feelings and sensations ... and the craving gradually diminished ... As I was driving home, the craving for comfort re-appeared ... This time, I took my NRT inhaler and had 2 puffs ... It helped to calm me down ... So, the craving can appear in many forms, and I have to deal with it by many ways ... one day at a time ! Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 179 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey No more cig, Wow... you did it. thats awesome. The same thing happened to me. Cant quite remember how many days i was into my quit but i was on my way to get my reward for being quit and i got stuck in traffic. It was horrible. Stay strong Stay quit You are doing an awesome job PrincessC :) x
17 years ago 0 202 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done, no more! Just keep battin' that 'ol Nic away every time he rears his devious little head, and you'll be just fine! :) Best, Livadia [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,818 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $450 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$43,106.58

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 753 Hours: 16

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I Know what you mean no more cig, I remember writing in my journal I don't want to smoke I just want to feel good about not smoking. Hang in there it does get better. :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 91 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,379 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $364 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Job!!! You handled that nicely! Sometimes, like Martha, my craves hit while I am trying to hold a conversation. I often wonder if the other person thinks I am bonkers.... :confuse: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 196 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 334 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi NMC! I had the same thing happen to me, only it was much earlier in my quit - I think around day 7. I switched to tea, and have only recently gone back to coffee. No more cravings when I drink it now, be it one cup or three!!! Good for you for beating the demon! Cheers, Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 92 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,109 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $506 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know all about the feeling in the chest. 30 years of that. It may sound overly simple, but a deep breath or a good,deep sigh are very helpful as is an ice cold (and I mean cold) beverage; sort of gargled when drank (just don't choke!). Cuts that "feeling" in half. These still work for me. Keep up the great work! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 206 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,277 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1854 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You did great nmc. I remember a similar situation with a friend that had quit smoking 2 years before I did. She was happily chatting as I felt like I was coming out of my skin. I wondered if she could tell how uncomfortable I was. But you walked away a winner. Nowadays the thought never crosses my mind - that'll happen for you too if you just never light another ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 767 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,358 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3451.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 56 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$37,056.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 640 Hours: 21

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: