Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

What a wierd feeling

17 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
grace, I'm so glad you are feeling and doing better. This journey is so very worth it! I will be hitting 60 days in a little over an hour. Keep up your quit! Pamper you, take care of yourself, breathe through the craves or urges and know that you are doing something wonderful for yourself and everyone in your life. There are still times ahead that may be difficult but you can do this! And do you really want to go through what you already have all over again another time? It's what you'd have to do if you had even just one puff because one puff will take you right back into the cycle of needing to feed that addiction. You're doing great, grace! Keep it up and feel good about what you are doing for yourself and others who love you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 910 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $330 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Grace, glad to see you still haniging in there, me too. Doing pretty good today, actually. Have a little bag of cinnamon candy and red licorice bites.. cravings seems to be less often and not as strong today. Way to Go Girl.. dawghouse [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 83 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Grace I felt really spacey yesterday. Today was less spacey but had a few "bad cravings" so out with the botttled water, the cinnamon bears. they are chewy and keep my moth busy for awhile. The cold water seems to help. and some nice slow deep breaths. Hang in there.... dawghouse [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 69 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi guys, Thanks for all the support. Yeh this was the post I was affraid to read. It saturday now, and I am on day 5. Much better now. In fact yesterday was cool, really only one crave. Not to bad.This morning it is raining here so I have made a list of things to be done. Just to keep busy. Something funny happened this morning though. We all slept in, I get up, get kids up. Just a typical day for me. My hubby had stayed up late. He comes into the kitchen with this panic look on his face. This oh my gosh, what I am I gonna do, I can't take it a second longer look. Everyone knows what I am talking about. He ran out of cigs last night. Well it is only a five min drive to the gas station, but the fear and panic just takes over. I felt sorry for him, but I still laughed a little. Put that in the 25 reasons to quit. Doing good, Absoluty loving this quit, This site and everything. Oh yeh something else I have learned. Not only does it take determation to quit, but preperation and lots of support. Thanks to everyone here for the support. Grace
Mom2 five girls, Is that for real or just a nickname. For real that is awsome. And to be on 60 days. You go mama. Danille, I stll think I am alittle to early to give tips, but if someone can get anything. Here goes. -- Get plenty of sleep. Hard to fight crave when sleep deprived. I have been taking a hot bath or shower before bed every night. -- Pray -- Remember why And what I am doing this for. Keep my reasons and benifits of quiting close at hand. --I got fimilar with what junkie thinking is, Try to turn it off or boot it out before it takes over. --Hot decaf green tea. I am a big time coffee drinker. Last quit drank more coffe becuase I like the warmth of it.(like warm smoke going down your throat.)The coffe got me to jacked. So I drink my norm of coffe, but if I get a crave I fix tea. No sugar just green tea. -- wild spirement flavored gum. Not agum chewer but a bad craving I chew the grosist, most flavored mint gum there is. -- small rewards for getting trew cravins. --Above all that I come here. I post, vent. Then I read some of the post from peeps before me, And always look at quit meter. I also think about my mom-n-law who smoked for 30+yrs. Her dad who did it for more than 60+yrs. They both quit cold turkey last year. They can do it so can I. Grace
Thanks everyone. I rally have been doing well the past day or too. Yesterday was the day around my hubby all day. It only got a little wierd when we were driving in his car. It stunk. He was a trooper, he did not smoke. You could tell it was a little irrating for him. But he did not do it. I love him very much for that. Doing well on day 6 baby. Grace
Thanks again Lady. You have really been helping me. It was not just those feelings. The past 3 hrs have been extremely odd. I'm up, i'm down, here, there. Happy one min, furious the next.Thinking I am insane. Thinking what I have I done to myself. I mean you hear quiting is hard. I feel like if someone said to me when I startng smoking, You Know when you go to quit you will feel like you lose your mind. I would love to think that maybe I would not have started this evil, disgusting, controlling habit/addition. Or maybe I would have looked at them like they were CRAZY. Just Like I feel. :blush: Insane Grace
Thanks cyberduke. Well I intended on resting, but all my wierd physical crap just got replaced by a fit of rage. Once again I am very glad this place is here. Although she may not know it but my 4yr should be glad too. I am so completly on edge at this moment. I feel my emotions are competely unbalanced and out of control. I had to leave the area from my kid. Man I am trying to do something good here. For myself, for her. Although I really do not feel like mom of the year. This is not her fault and she actully has been a trooper so far. I just feel like I am losing it. I still feel like I am just getting attacked. N ow I just feel like this whiny little kid. Whigh, whigh i'm quiting something bad for me and its so hard. Boohoo Boohoo. Ok I am actully better now. Ok time to go make those choc oatmeal cookies. yum Thanks in advance for advise or suggestions. This is such a great oulit for us people who are sick and tired of being sick and tired of smoking anyway. Grace
Okay I am working on day three. I have been doing ok. Day one was rough, but no real physical withdrawls. I thought the worst was over, but I just started feeling very strange. My heart is racing, my hands are shaking. Totalaly cannot concercrate. My chest feels heavy and my breathing is iratic. This is hard for me even to be on here. I think if I were not quiting smoking i would probaly call a doc. I really think this is the last bit of nicodeman getting out of my system. Oh my goodness I think i need to go lay down,, Myhands are shanking to bad to be on here anyway. Well the good thing is I diffantly do not want to smoke.
17 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Do you have anyone who can help with your baby for a day or two? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,315 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $236.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33

Reading this thread: