Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

I smoked parsley and chipped my tooth in craving moment

17 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey aekvall!!congrats on 11 smoke free days !!!! it will get better,we both know it. I have switched to herbal tea at work. Never had it before, so the craves at work are easy. Home is a new challenge. Lots of walks, cut the grass 3 times last week :) You can do it Aekvall, I need you to. :8o:
17 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ann, what's up, how's it coming thru.. Don't let go.. u gave me hope that'll be able to make it. nice to hear u've been able to come over it. Keep persevering... Go Ann.. ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 112 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are you doing today Aekvall? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 153 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
How are you feeling now Aekvall? It WILL get better... It has to be worth it, otherwise there would be no long term ex smokers. Just think that it took longer than 11 days to get you addicted... it is probably going to take more than 11 days to get you clean and happy again. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 111 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
Oh I smoked for 22 years, 20 - 30 a day. So I do know how difficult it is x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 111 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
Aw my heart goes out to you (although your post did make me laugh out loud, i realised I was not the only one thinking crazy thoughts. I am feeling for you. It will get better, it has to, if it didnt everyone would go back to smoking wouldnt they? Give yourself a time limit (a realistic one) say 3-4 months, if it still is no better by then you can go back to smoking, but just give it a chance. I bet then further down the line, given the chance you wouldnt go back to smoking. WELL DONE for NOT smoking! I am proud of you! Sorry to hear about the tooth though. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 111 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI ALL PHEW this was a really full on 2 days--I just came back from dentist and its nothing he really can do its just chipped a bit on the side with no pain. I told him im giving up smoking and have been biting soo hard on a drinking straw when it happened. Cybrduke*--> it was a piece of drinkingstraw it has passed the natural way :blush:.. shajad...> thanks for your postage. At time of writing im not so tense but i seem to be craving much more in the afternnons and evenings. Thats really sucks. Im using zyban but have also resorted in chewinggum as i coild not bear it any longer. ann [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 574 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $206.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
HI ALL When i logged in this morning i felt much better than yesterday but with a still chipped front tooth and a piece of straw that hopefully find the natural way out! :) [color=Red]Thanks all for your support yesterday[/color] It REALLY HELPED I actually laughed too when i thought about what kind of thoughts i had yesterday. To "pick up" other peoples half finished butts from the ground :gasp: Can not believe i actually had that going through in my mind. And the parsley i rolled up-- :blush: WELL i guess this is how this nicotine craving do for us?? Make us ABSOLUTE DESPERATE AND WANT US TO GIVE IN--> with just one--ONE would not hurt!! The mind is a powerful tool i agree. Its also hard when it hit you when least expecting it and have different sort of approaches. I am tired of fighting i have to agree. I really want to succeed this time--I can already see the money in my wallet :) actually have some left now. My thoughts came to following yesterday that helped a bit and i thought i write them up to remind you when the craving hit you or to those guests that browsing through thinking of quitting: CIGARETTES CONTAIN: [list] [*]Acetone-used in paint stripper and nail polish remover [*]Carbon monoxide- a posionous gas emitted from car exhausts [*]ammonia-used in toilet, floor and window cleaner [*]nicotine a pesticide and a rat posion [*]butane-a form of lighter fuel [*]arsenic-a posion for white ants (termites) [*]hydrogen cyanide-a poison used in gas chambers [*]methanol-a rocket fuel [*]JUST TO NAME A FEW [/list] DO WE REALLY WANT THIS??? NOPE That thinking helped me through yesterdays awful time as well together with your support. THANKS AGAIN Ann Down Under [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 530 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $190.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
I have to agree I have not craved constantly these days, but the craving moment get soo intense and different everytime so i have problems almost to battle it!! They just come sort off unprepared! ann [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 508 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $174.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
Hi All Had a really hard time a few hours ago. I managed to stay off but it was so close that i went and bought cigarettes or even picked one up from the ground. I even rolled some PARSLEY up in a paper at home and pretended i smoked :( It was so bad.. I also had a straw that i chewed so hard that my front tooth cracked off a bit--it does not hurt but it broke off a piece. I accidently swallowed the straw in the accident and it first ended up caught until i managed to move it down into the right place in my stomach!! I feel better now--however im so tired now of fighting off--what shall i do?? Have i missed something--it seems like im craving more than others?? I have smoked 26 years 35-44 a day. ann down under DS> i can not bear it any longer.. :mad: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 508 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $174.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19

Reading this thread: