Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,508 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

Coming Clean

18 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Duckie you've inspired me to go and try a brain freeze too. maybe it will help me over this hump! Bless your heart girl! eve [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 111 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
18 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Duckie Oh I am so happy to hear about that wonderful sharing between you and your dad! Sounds like he is an amazing source of support there, and it really helps to have someone 'close to home' who can help you and be there for you as well as the other sources of support you have. I've got my mom, so that is definitely a blessing. The more support we have, the better chances our quit will maintain success. And BTW I think you always make perfect sense ;) Love, Eve [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 109 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
18 years ago 0 1010 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I called my dad and spoke w/ him for an hour. I finally broke down and told him I was a smoker all along but have been smoke free for the last 17 days. He said he knew I was a smoker but didnt want to badger me about quitting. I also explained I had tried to quit in March but failed and then I hopped back onto the wagon in the beginning part of April. Then I explained about the fog I was having. Dad was so very gentle when he explained it all to me...it made sense...he said it was my body's reaction to coping w/ what is going on. He said the brain is being cushioned and cradled b/c nicotine is a greater drug than street drugs. He said this cushioned will slowly subside when the body / brain has 'rested' and is fully healed. He said TV dinners are there for a reason...use them...he said paper plates are there for a reason...use them....he said if the kids trash the house, then let it stay trashed until they are tired of looking at it....he said my body will heal in its time and not in my time..... I had one hell of a good cry and when I told him I was sorry for not telling him about me smoking, he said it was ok....he said he was never angry w/ me to begin with....he said I have taken the 1st step...which is having my soul being cleansed..... The fog is still there but it is because I am healing....so I guess as Shevie said...embrace the fog....I will embrace it like my fav feather pillow.... Is my dad correct? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
  • Quit Meter

$35,982.17

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 419 Hours: 4

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

TY Casey & Red Rosie :) I felt better after I told my dad the truth as he thought I quit 10 years ago--which I did but only for a week b/c I had a terrible cold. If he asked me, I would not answer the question but change the subject. He said he knew and was only waiting for me to be honest w/ myself. He asked me how it felt to be human and that is when I started crying. *whispers* Yes, I am a "Daddy's Girl" and I so totally admit it too!! :) It lifted a huge weight off of my shoulders.... *sigh* I really love my dad.... :) He simply rocks :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$35,982.17

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

TY Shevie :) The funny thing is my dad doesnt smoke and yet he completely understood everything. He didnt judge me or look down upon me as I was always afraid of not being the perfect daughter. Ok..I am not making sense...*red face* but I am now 'floating' instead of trying to fight it....LOL! Yes..it is only temp and as soon as it lifts y'all will be the 1st to know :) And watch out...I can do cartwheels on a dime :) *cheesey grin* [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 141 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
  • Quit Meter

$35,982.17

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Rosie :) My dad and I are really close :) I lost contact w/ my dad at the age of 8 and when I turned 16, I found him agian :) (I am a product of divorce :( ) We have been very close since I started smoking! 22 years!! OMG!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$35,982.17

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

TY KC :) I replied to your post on the spaced out post you had done...I am now where you once were...ok..go read it..makes sense there...ROTFLMBO!!! EVE!! BREATHE!! Take a deep breathe...feel the air in your lungs...feel your tummy expand...feel the brain cells bumping into each other in that fog...smell the flowers...smell the rain as it gently washes away that yucky pollen!! Smell the very being of the air...embrace the air like a long lost friend...feel it as it wraps your soul around it.... Breathe deeply and push out the toxins....push them out Eve!! I know you can do it!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 143 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
  • Quit Meter

$35,982.17

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

TY everyone :) I feel so much better after telling my dad I didnt quit when he thought I had quit....I feel so much better now. As a teeny reward, I bought a Sonic Oreo blast and got several brain freezes! HA! I didnt eat it all...I jsut wanted to know what a brain freeze was for s non smoker! ROTFLMBO!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 142 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$35,982.17

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Duckie067 Happy for you! Glad you're Dad is wise to the ways of what makes a person a little bit crazy and confused while quitting. You're in a great place mentally with support of family and friends here at SSC. The physical part will heal itself it just takes a little bit of time and patience (I live there right now). LIFE IS GOOD - and not cooking is good too. Great advice for everyone, especially for those who are EXPECTED to cook. Duckie 067 - just keep swimming, it's all about YOU right now. CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 470 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $94.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
18 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Duckie your message almost made me cry!! That is so awesome!! Telling our parents about our nasty habits is so hard because we know that they want so much for us and we don't want to disapoint them. Congratulations on getting the courage to tell your Dad. And congrats on making the tough choice to quit!!! Hang tough!!! [color=Red]KC[/color]

Reading this thread: