Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Got Sick

18 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Smiling, CONGRATULATIONS on your first 8 days as a non-smoker! Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well... I have to agree with Riverdale Man... Water, Water and more Water... You might want to try some herbal tea for that sore throat, and the long hot soak in the tub is wonderful. Also, get as much rest as possible, as your body readjusts itself, and heals. My doctor informed me that a large part of the problem was that my body wasn't producing the mass amounts of mucus it had to produce to protect itself from the cigarette smoke, and that was part of the reason I felt bad around the 1.5 week period... My system was just having to readjust to the newness of being a non-smoker. But... Like Riverdale Man said, if in doubt or too much pain or the symptoms don't quickly go away, see your health care provider. Peace, Jackey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/22/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 110 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,210 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $459.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$215,787.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7819 Hours: 19

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Struggling, You have me laughing out loud... I thought I had come up with every milestone to celebrate and I missed my first illness without cigarettes! LOL. And... you won't be "stuffed" forever... You're almost to the point that the body readjusts and things get back to "normal." You guys just hang in there a few more days. Peace, Jackey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/22/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 110 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,212 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $459.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$215,787.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7819 Hours: 19

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smiling, Phew. I'm glad I'm not alone! I'm on Day #9 and have been really sick for the past 4 days - started with a sore throat, then moved into total head congestion. And let me tell you, my head is not the only thing stuffed! Along with tons of water, I've been eating Metamucil wafers daily, eating only fruit & fiber, snacking on raisins, and yesterday I actually bought prunes! I was whining yesterday because I can't smell or taste anything (2 of the things to look forward to in a quit) and I feel miserable from head to toe. Anyway - it seems that this is all part of the process. It's scary to think how smoking seemingly effects every bodily function!!! A wise post yesterday reminded me that this is another milestone --- my first illness without smoking! ;) We'll get through this together! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 239 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $58.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,725.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5542 Hours: 7

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So I'm on day 8 and got sick yesterday. My throat is horribly swollen, have a fever, am constipated, and in general just feel gross. I feel like it's my body detoxing in its own way, but wanted to know if anyone went through a similar situation or has any suggestions on "flushing" the body in addition to water, water and more water. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 68 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15.68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$159,001.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5106 Hours: 21

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Water Water and more water. I had very long baths in nice warm water. You might use epson salts. And your body is detoxifying. Take what rest you need and let your body heal. If you find that you have unusual or symptoms that are painful or alarming make sure to check with your doctor or health care provider. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,070 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $397.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
smiling, Sorry to hear that you are so down. Everyone's body has a different way of reacting to quitting, yours will be unique. Your body will rid itself of toxins no matter what. Keep yourself full of fluids and check with your doctor to rule out anything medical. Keep strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: