Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

the bad penny

13 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The SSC was really helpful the last time around - it was great to log in and check out how everyone was doing and receiving those messages of support and encouragement was a boost - ultimately, there was nothing lacking in the SSC website, the only thing lacking the last time was my willpower. 
I am not entirely sure that I would even be attempting this again if it were not for this website and all the never ending support I receive from some of the 'old familiars' and the 'new faces' alike.  It has been difficult looking back and reading some of the posts from 'old friends', however, this has also made me a little more determined to go for it ... and hope that I will be lucky, not in regard to my quit - because it is here that I will make my OWN luck ... but health wise ... my fingers are crossed.  xx

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 9/9/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 3
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 45
Amount Saved: �14.18
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 7 Mins: 53 Seconds: 1

13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello,

Welcome back to SSC and best of luck on your quit. Rework the milestones of the program, doing so will help you prepare for the challenges that quitting smoking can create. Milestone 4 has great suggestions on overcoming temptations. 

How was the SSC helpful to you in your previous quit?

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi its smee again .. Fag Ash Lil, having yet another attempt at this no smoking malarky - I cannot guarantee that I will succeed this time (I didn't succeed the last three or four times!) the only thing different this time is that my health has deteriorated and I have scared myself into stopping once again.  Also, reading back over some of my old chums posts has made me realise that I MUST try harder.  I have a few health tests coming up soon and I am hoping that I will be lucky.  I am now on my fourth day of no smoking ... although my stats clicks up only 3 days ... I know this will even out but I am gutted cos right now every minute is a bloody achievement :)  Oh! well onwards and upwards ... I am off to walk the dog and spend sometime thinking about my 'old chums' from here on SSC ( you know who you are xx)  I have no doubt that I will be back on this site around 7 zillion times a day - still ... whatever gets me through it ... again!! 
My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 9/9/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 3
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 45
Amount Saved: �14.18
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 7 Mins: 41 Seconds: 48

Reading this thread: