Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

What my slip cost me

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Sparky! I'll be thinking of you this Sunday morning as you begin the Quit. 

Patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 217
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,425
Amount Saved: $2,441.25
Life Gained:
Days: 40 Hrs: 7 Mins: 49 Seconds: 2

15 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky  you have been an inspiration and more help than you will ever know.    So we all have our hands out and sending hugs... we are here for you..

Bonnie

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 193
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,281
Amount Saved: $656.20
Life Gained:
Days: 27 Hrs: 16 Mins: 7 Seconds: 3

15 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SPARKY,

Stats mean nothing. what matters most is that you are still with us and determined to quit. And I'm sure you will this time - for good!

All the best
Ed 

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/13/2006
Smoke-Free Days: 920
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 27,600
Amount Saved: �7,245.00
Life Gained:
Days: 149 Hrs: 23 Mins: 51 Seconds: 1

15 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky,

I am so glad you are going to join us quitters again.  I just knew you would, you just had a moment, and now it is gone.  You helped me so much, I hope there will be something I can do for you.  You are a strong person and you will again do this..no doubt about it.  I am with you on Sunday...you can do this.

Kelly

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/6/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 259
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,770
Amount Saved: $971.25
Life Gained:
Days: 21 Hrs: 2 Mins: 41 Seconds: 50

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What I got from your slip, Sparky, was a full-on view of what perseverance really means.  And by extension what courage means, and determination and trust in your friends.  We'll see you through this quit.  You're a beautiful person among many beautiful people ( to drag '60s rhetoric into this!).

Please keep talking to the newbies as you always do.  You have a gift for support. I have learned much from you...

Patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 216
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,400
Amount Saved: $2,430.00
Life Gained:
Days: 40 Hrs: 3 Mins: 52 Seconds: 21

15 years ago 0 567 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Sparky,

The one thing I have learned about addictions (both first hand and as a drug & alchohol inpatient nurse some time ago)--is that like any chronic illness -- it can exacerbate at any time (it's no different than diabetes, asthma or any other chronic disease). Please really know & believe this. It happens and the important thing is to deal with the relapse and address it. (Which you are doing).

You have been a dear inspiration to me during my quit--and have been a positive influence on this 30 year + smoker. I too, have had many days that have been tempting. I thank you for all your heart felt posts that have been so inspiring.

Please take the hands that are extended to you....We want you to continue on this walk with us.

God Bless & Hang Tough,
Deb

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 173
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,190
Amount Saved: $1,167.75
Life Gained:
Days: 19 Hrs: 16 Mins: 39 Seconds: 45

15 years ago 0 289 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back Sparky!!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 144
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,760
Amount Saved: $633.60
Life Gained:
Days: 15 Hrs: 18 Mins: 3 Seconds: 7

15 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Astrofan, I thought about that also.  I get to do it all over again .  Mr. Quitter, I am re-reading his book again.  He has so many wonderful things to say.  The brainwashing is amazing, but I will get quit again.  Sue, you and yours are wonderful quitters and your post always make me smile.  Phil, I know you still "luv me" as I do you.  DJ, can't wait to see you back, we CAN do this.  Just keep saying that, WE CAN DO THIS.  Never say I can do this, it is a WE thing.  Oh, Rusty thanks for showing the way for so long.  I begin Sunday and you have put a whole week in place for me.  Sounds doable to me.

Again thanks to all of you.  I look at those dam things and wonder what in the world was I thinking.  The fact is I wasn't.  Please do NOT become bored with your quits or become to complacent with your quit.  It can disappear faster than one can think.

Keep the Quit

Sparky

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/24/2008
Smoke-Free Days: -2
Cigarettes Not Smoked: -20
Amount Saved: $-3.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 0 Mins: 0 Seconds: -19777

15 years ago 0 901 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey sparky
as you can see everyone here loves you , and we thank you for encouraging us.

let's look at it this way , at times we take our quit for granted and the thrill of quitting subsides with long term success.

you get to experience the thrill of that 1st week , the 2nd week , 30 days , a month , 50 days and the cruise , 100 days and the beach , you get to do that all over again and we'll be cheering you on !

god bless you ,

mike / astrofan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/12/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 162
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,860
Amount Saved: $1,458.00
Life Gained:
Days: 26 Hrs: 10 Mins: 56 Seconds: 25

15 years ago 0 303 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Sparky,

You made a great deal of progress where other smokers around you probably haven't even tried.  Take pride in your determination and accomplishments.

In the book I read "Alan Carr's - Easyway to quit smoking" he talks about this obsession being the most genious setup by the tobacco industry.  We get so caught up in the fact that we failed that it can stop us from trying again.  This trap is setup in a way that most people fail; however, for those who understand the trap and the illusions of this addiction they can be free of the feeling that they are loosing a best friend.

Sparky, you seem like a reasonable person who is unfortunately an addict just like the rest of us.  I always told myself that I refused to live the rest of my life feeling like I am missing out on something.  This book really helped with that.  I'm on day 18 now but I will never smoke again because of what I have learned from this book.  If you haven't already read this book it's a great read and might help with the only thing you haven't concurred yet.  The illusion.

Take care Sparky, I believe in you like you believe in so many others.

Mr Q
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: