Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Just Checking In

16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lillyput I'm off to Scotland tomorrow but not to Edinburgh - the other side of the country. You asked about the craving and I have to say that, at almost a year, I don't really suffer in that way. There are still times when I feel that what I would do is smoke but I quickly remember that I don't and I tell myself how glad I am and how much better is it that I don't. Positive thinking. It's the only way forward and it's worth it. Hope you're OK today. Gen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 341 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,456 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,705.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
16 years ago 0 222 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Gen, Hi Gen, Good to hear from you, I have been to visit your lovely Scotland quit a few times Lovely city I loved Edinburgh Castle. Just looking at your stats only 25 day�s to go for the big one year celebration hope you have a big reward planned you really deserve something special. Can I just ask you how are you with craving what I am asking you is dose it really get easier or will it be a constant battle I suppose what I am looking for reassurance. Thanks to all my fellow Quitters for listing [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,830 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �667.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
Hi Tresa, It's always nice to hear from you, your a great example to us all. ans I had meant to tell you I love the new scarf. All the best [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,830 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �667.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
Hi Patrick, It looks like you have done a fair bit of travelling, I know Clontarf well I had my wedding in Clontarf Castle, I know Earls Fort also it�s near St. Stephen�s Green I would say you know your Dublin pretty well. Well how are you doing? I recall on one of the treads you said you had cut down on the Champix I�m just wondering how are you managing has it effected you much do you find the cravings harder to deal with, I�ll tell you why I cut down on the Champix also but I had a pretty bad weekend I�m not to sure what caused it to be so bad I am not sure if it was because I cut back the tablets anyway On Saturday night I went to visit my mother a few people there where smoking I found this very hard I came home with a cough and sore eyes but also with a terrible urge to smoke I took a sleeping tablet and went to bed. That was bad enough Sunday was mothers day I was spending it with my son, we always watch the soccer together I go to his house for one match and comes to my house for the next one we have been doing this for years during the soccer season It was my turn on Sunday but I�ll tell you all I could think about was a cigarette I was depressed and very annoyed because I was like a mad women and about to ruin a nice day with my son all over the cigarettes. I was just wondering is it possible that all the passive smoke affected me just the same as if I had actually smoked myself. I am back on Champix 2 a day I�m too scared to take a chance on undoing all this hard work. Thank for listing N.O.P.E [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,830 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �667.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
Hi Eilis, Yes I am in Dublin not too far from Driminagh in the Dutch Village, Woodford. Yes it was very sad about the Polish Lads I was at the Vigil On Saturday Night, Hoping to go the Mass tonight. On another note I see you have 51 day's smoke free good for you keep up the good fight It's hard but the elder quiters say it's well worth it N.O.P.E. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,830 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �667.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for checking in lillyput! Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 120 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
st brendans! what a hole, that can't have been fun. e [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/4/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �417.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there to the celtic fringe! I wondered if you would connect up Lillyput and Eilis. You two are almost quit twins. Keep up the good work. (I'm Scottish but live in England and have been to Ireland many times) Have a peaceful and smoke-free weekend. Gen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 338 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,408 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,690.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lillyput and Elaine... I spent a youth-lifetime in Clontarf, then 10 yrs in Earl's Court being a hippy, a real estate agent in Knightsbridge and then a rubber-stamp beetle in the Foreign & Commowealth Office before ex-patriating myself to Montreal. And I was a trainee psychiatric nurse in St. Brendan's for about 10 minutes... chequered past.... Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,050 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $472.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Have a good weekend, see you next week, STAY FREE :) Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2031 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40,620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7,108.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 290 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$14,612.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 690 Hours: 4

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: