Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

still have so many smoking thoughts in the mornings

16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey New me - I think if I were you, i'd get myself a really nice celebratory reward for not smoking!!! Also - like Ann said... shake up your routine. Add something special int he mornings just for you. A quiet meditation, a hot bath, a special breakfast.. anything that will make your mornings extra special. Grandma - I wouldn't worry too much about Tuesday if I were you, and just enjoy something wonderful about TODAY! Have you ever tried a gratuity journal? Write down 4 things you are greatful for every day. I think that I figured out that what I was missing wasn't smoking, but just the past. I don't cope well with change, and I just thought that life was better.. then. fter some thinking and writting on the subject, I realized that life wasn't any better then at all. It stunk then too, so i had better get busy and do my best to live for now instead of then or next week will stink too! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 548 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 41,100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10,275.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. I know that you all are right and i certainly did need the reminding..it is getting easier; I do have alot to be thankful for; and I HAVE QUIT SMOKING! I can hardly believe it!!! Thank you all again for helping me through this rough patch. new me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 234 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,616 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,170.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi New Me, I still feel like that too and keep tellling myself it'll stop on Tuesday. When I quit in2006 I didn't have any big craves after a couple months. celebrated my 1 year by having a cig just to see if I could. That was wrong. Well tomorrow is Tuesday so that's good. I just wonder why this happens to some people. I used to think there was something wrong with the ones who still had craves after 3 mos. I guess like every person is different maybe every quit is different. judy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 164 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,312 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $328.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
May I say something New Me. You have gone eight months. It's getting better isn't it? You know it isn't as bad as the first week, right? So progress is and has been made. Yoi know Rome was not built in a day! And yes those smoking memories. Think about all the years you smoked. It just does not get undone over night. It gets better and better and easier, and easier. Just keep doing what you have been doing. One afternoon or evening, you will pause for a moment and suddenly realize that the smoking thought did not pay you a visit this morning. Trust, trust me! It is very normal to feel the way that you are feeling. Ya know how we quit? We continue to remind ourselves, that we CAN NOT and MUST NOT smoke. It is very bad for us. Be happy New Me that you are one of the strong ones to have made it so keep making it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 722 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,996 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,971.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 134 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What Josie said but in CAPITAL LETTERS!!! Best Wishes Penitent d1336 :)
  • Quit Meter

$56,958.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1128 Hours: 3

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello New Me, Your work here has been a fantastic success. Quitting this addiction is no small accomplishment. Give yourself some credit and some pats on the back, you deserve it. This accomplishment says your capable of great things and this, no doubt, is just the first of many. Never lose sight of your accomplishments. Those are times when you did what you didn't think you could do. That's the WOW! Like you, we all feel a little down at times. You'd have to ignore, or at least not value, all the good in your life to be down. My problem is I sometimes take it for granted. I miss so much when I do that and kick myself in the butt when it finally comes to me that is what I'm doing. A good healthy distraction may help move your thoughts away from dwelling on this. There's too much good in this story for a sad ending, so this must not be the ending... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 305 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,403.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
I am going to try that blue cloud..think it til it's so. I took a nice amoratherapy bath tonight. Josie, I hope that you are right. I really want to be free of smoking entirely. new me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 232 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,568 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,160.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maybe you should look forward and think tomorrow I wont even think about smoking. or if the thought pops in your head say "I'm not gonna think about you anymore" Think it till it's so. 232 days free and $1160.00 saved and 32 days of life gained. Start using the new you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 193 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,860 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $772.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
new me, The realization is there, however, it may take some time to have the feeling of freedom. Start thinking positively everyday and realize that you are living the freedom each day that you have achieved. This is great success and a milestone for you to be proud of :) Josie, Health Educator
Thanks Anna, Maybe I do have a hard time letting go of other things. Sometimes I miss the period of my life when my children were younger and at home..(even though it seemed so much work at the time and i couldn't wait until I could just go to the grocery store, get out of my car and walk in, instead of coaxing 3 little ones along) Of course, I was doing some sort of NRT until 2 months ago..2 mg lozenges mostly. Maybe that is why. I was definitely addicted to those lozenges. I actually went to the dr. and got some chantix to help me get off of the lozenges..geez. I still get weepy alot; maybe it has to do with past regrets. But, I am smoke free. I am putting one foot in front of the other and moving forward, no matter how I feel. Someday, soon hopefully, I will experience the freedom. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 232 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,568 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,160.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26

Reading this thread: